Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hi,

I buy and sell a lot here on this forum from things I pick up from ads I run. I currently have a forum member asking to just send EURO cash in the mail to me in FL.

On the surface it doenst seem too odd. I mentioned that here in the woods of FL there are no banks that will exchange EUROs for USD.

I recommended Paypal, Western Union and bank wire. Or even exchange the Euro in Europe for USD and mail that to me.

All the above have been refused and he will only send Euro cash to me...What is really odd is this member has over 1000 posts

Something seems a bit fishy since since Im sure most older members here have either a paypal account or some other way to get funds around the world.

What do yall think of this??

You have nothing to risk, just don't ship till funds are in hand. Your bank doesn't handle Euro's? That's odd but I know some small banks work by their own rules. Just hang on to the Euro's and exchange 'em next time you're in the big city, or next time you come up to visit me!! smile

D
OP Offline
D
Hey Paul,

long time no hear... I pop on your site to see "the GOOD STUFF"... HAHA. But dont you think its odd that someone buys on the forum with 1000++ posts would not go with other options?

When I spoke to my Blushing bride of 20 years she thought it odd too?? Counterfeit euros? How would I know the difference?....

Ive been to Europe many times in the Navy and you cant swing a dead cat with out seeing a CAMBIO or other money exchange place. I even offered to cover his exchange fee up to 20 bones... I dont get it.

Sorry Im playing devil's advocate here..

Ive been kinda busy too. Ive come across some good stuff locally. Some AH silver, Lugers ect.

take a peek.

http://militaryantiques.shutterfly.com/

If anyone sees anything bad or REPRO not stated pls SEND ME A PM...and Ill make it right.

Ive learned a lot from Paul and the way he does business but I dont know 10% of what he's seen.

Cheers Chris

PS Paul would you mind if he sent the EUROS to you??

Money first at owners risk and then the ship the items. IMO. Always ship as registered mail with tracking code and Full 100% insureanse to buyers you dont know personally.

You never know what in mind wink

LH

JME Offline
Hi Chris,
The options mentioned by Paul and LH are fine. But as you said I don’t like it either. If he is in Europe he has lots of options, Bank Transfer, Bank Check, Pay Pal, Escrow account Credit Card just to mention a few. Why sent Cash? Most likely it is fine but it does sound strange to me too. If he sends Cash the liability is with him. He may not want to pay the fee to exchange it? JME

S
S
i don`t know. there are people out there who are just suspicious of anything but cash. the type who keep all their money in a tin under the bed!. or like someone said, maybe he doesn`t want to take the hit on the exchange rate when he swaps the money for dollars...

S
S
one thing just struck me. your banks refuse to change euro`s?!!!...

How long does it take the bank to determine that a Wuro is counterfit?

As a general rule, US Banks do not deal with Euro's. Why would they? So, if you want to exchange Euro's in the US, you give them to your bank. They send them somewhere, and you get your Dollars in good order.

We do not have exchange shops in the US like all over Europe because we use only one currency.

So, why would someone want to send Euro's. The only thing I can think of is bogus money. This seems to be a twist off the old cashiers check routine we are seeing.

I think you are correct to be suspicious of this.

If the person wants to send cash at their own risk, tell him to go to the local currency exchange and convert it into late type US Dollars and mail that. If he does not want to, walk away.

Dave

A
A J Offline
A
Agree with Dave there are really good fake notes of most European countries currencies on the go who is it anyway can't understand why he wont change euro to usd unless he is trying to avoid charges be careful money laundering is rife over here

Hi disbo,

Probably blackwork money? Anyhow, Im sure many dutch people here can help you see if its real money or Barbie-bills? Or maybe this helps? And also, you can maybe check at a grocery store if its real with their blacklightlamps at the caisse? Dont forget that you maybe need to pay exchange fee, so, if YOU change currency, and not the buyer, he sneakily skips that fee so you pay it? Just thinking out loud. I dont have creditcards, but, Id use paypal or Westernunion or something if bank transfers not possible for sure. No regged mail will insure my money to arrive anywhere. If it doesnt arrive Id get only a little of it back? No way! Never cash, for no reason at all! But, ALSO also, maybe, theres too much paranoia, sometime. I dunno, reckon loads of crimibusiness is going on? But, if you get yer money up front, all of it, and the exchange is paid, and you can safely change to dollar, then ... maybe nothings wrong? Just thinking outloud ...

Good luck,
KR

Last edited by Krullies; 09/14/2010 10:04 AM.

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,624 SS Bayonets
1,760,346 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,796 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Luftwaffe Swords
by Luftbud - 03/29/2024 09:21 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Luftbud - 03/29/2024 09:13 AM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Evgeniy - 03/29/2024 09:02 AM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 03/28/2024 09:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/28/2024 06:18 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,714
Members7,502
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
12 members (RookieSA, Baz69, Vern, Stephen, Luftbud, The_Collector, Browning1900, Evgeniy, Gerrit1963, Rainer S, Documentalist, Ilya), 586 guests, and 146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod