Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J

OK, Here's my two cents. Many of the dealers on this site will not agree with me for obvious reasons.

J
J
I accidently posted this reply long before it was finished.
Third Reich relics will always have a market. However, that market will be much stronger in Europe where the war was fought than it is here. Part of the reason is that many of the people in the US who collect Third Reich relics are connected to someone who was in the war-father, uncles, grandfather etc.I am 57 and all my uncles were in the war, as well as my father and his friends. Many of my friends in school had stuff in their attic that their dads brought back. As time progresses, people will lose that connection to the war. How many kids in high school right now even know the first thing about the Third Reich? Not many.
Secondly, we have lost our middle class. The people who worked in the manufacturing sector who had a healthy paycheck and benefits, and who could afford boats, guns and other toys. That whole sector of the economy has been turned into food service and retail clerks who get minimum wage and 40 hours a week if they are lucky and 20 hours a week if they are not lucky, and non of them are getting insurance or other benefits.
The top shelf stuff will always have suiters, but the average stuff will not continue to bring the prices that people still want to get. When you see hundreds of SA daggers at SOS with no one standing in line to buy them, priced at $700 and up, you have to wonder if the stuff is really for sale or if the owners are merely trying to show off.
I still like the stuff and will continue to buy if the quality is there and the price is reasonable.However, I do NOT consider it to be an investment, especiallly at my age, ( I am not 15 years old like I was when I started) and there is nothing that I cant walk away from. Every one of my friends who is also a collector is of the same opinion. I am NOT saying the sky is falling, I am just saying thatin my opinion, prices are going to moderate or subside in the forseable future, due to the collapse of the middle class and the gradual loss of interest in World War Two.

Just my two cents, fwiw. Joe S

S
S
Good post Joe.
Like Real eastate, common Nazi militaria unless in near mint condition is over valued. The rarer items still sell but not as quick. But try to sell a just 'good' conditioned Army, 2nd Luft or HJ knife today. Nobody wants it unless it's $250. or less. Maybe that's what it should be anyway.

Your correct, People have lost their decent paying jobs or are under-employed, let the gardner go, are perhaps back a payment on the house. It's hard to tell the wife after you come back from the show that you spent $1,000. on an item that for the most part, you can't show to anyone.

-serge-

B
B
Joe S
Great post.

Serge
You appear to be the only dealer willing to state the truth.

S
S
My two cents worth...I have bought much from those selling on the classified...having just returned from the Max I purchased the following...1 stone mint Heer deluxe hanger from a major dagger dealer for $80.00!!!!!!! I bought two on this site for $125.00 and they were in fair condition at best...and they were advertised originally much higher...I bought a very nice Heer dagger with no issues with very good conditioned hangers for $375......................I have bought Heer daggers on this site in fair condition at best with no hangers for $350...........I saw many other items that have been offerred on these classifieds for less than market prices for sure but definately not less than many dealer prices.....prices at the max on common stuff in very nice condition were fantastic!!!!!! best Max I have seen for buying...and yes some prices were still high...SA both maker and RZM were absurd...saw a decent RZM SA with hanger at $875....chap asked me what I thought was a "fair market price" in this condition and I said $575......he laughed...I am certain that that dagger never left the show and would be a tough sell at $575.cheers to all, Ryan

S
S
Originally Posted By: Brickie
Joe S
Great post.

Serge
You appear to be the only dealer willing to state the truth.

Thanks Brickie.
In person many dealers I talk to will admit it also. I respect their privacy on the matter.

-serge-

Very nice early conditioned SAs sell for less then 700 USD at RIA includes all the primiums.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,953 SS Bayonets
1,762,186 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,170 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
Frog question.
by ed773 - 04/19/2024 06:57 PM
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,037
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (den70, The_Collector, Stephen, Documentalist, Nietzsche, Jonesy, ed773, C. Wetzel-20609, polop, Dave), 995 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod