Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi all,

I was asked to post "my" stuff, so, here's 1 dagger I love very much. It was found earlier this year. I did change the screws for the lower scabbard fitting last week. It was fastened with screws that had only a half-full domehead, or how do you say that? The top is flat on those screws. It should be fully domed. Or vaulted. Anyway, y'all probably get it. I hope ... I'll finish with a close up of a new screw.

These pics were posted elsewhere, but, I wasn't able to grab the blade properly? I tried to make new pics, but, still no luck at grabbing the nice condition of the blade! Ofcourse, that I didn't remove the oil from the blade was no help

Anyway, its a 7 on the rarity scales that are defended with vigour + Flak, apparently, with about 6000 daggers made. The Gruppe-stamp is the only 1 found so far for Herbertz & Meurer daggers; "He". The same as PVON's dagger

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

1.jpg (94.56 KB, 224 downloads)
front
2.jpg (82.17 KB, 224 downloads)
motto
3.jpg (97.53 KB, 224 downloads)
grip
4.jpg (68.09 KB, 224 downloads)
crossgrain
5.jpg (97.16 KB, 224 downloads)
makersmark

Nichts ist Ende, nichts ist Anfang.
OP Offline
Here are some pics I made outside. I figured it'd give me a better shot at the blade. No luck once again. I still don't get that; taking good pics of shiny blades. And, YES, I forgot to remove the oil for these pics as well ... ahum Anyway, enjoy! I hope ...

1.jpg (92.78 KB, 221 downloads)
front
2.jpg (96.86 KB, 219 downloads)
motto
3.jpg (97.52 KB, 217 downloads)
motto again
4.jpg (95.69 KB, 217 downloads)
front
5.jpg (97.24 KB, 217 downloads)
makersmark

OP Offline
2 more pics; the 1st just being cool, the other is a close up of ... a screw, as promised

So, that's it! "My" Herbertz & Meurer. Thanks for looking

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

6.jpg (70.13 KB, 216 downloads)
just cool
6.jpg (94.44 KB, 214 downloads)
a screw

R.R Offline
Hi Karin,

Very lovely dagger, I like so much the grip colour. My NSKK arrived with mixed scabbard's screws too. I don't know the reasons, but my early SA have the same screw type at upper and lower fittings.

Regards,

Ricardo
OP Offline
Hey Ricardo

Thanks for the compliment! YES, the grip is VERY lovely! Nice shape, feels good in hand, its a heavy dagger too, and the fittings are all VERY good

Your mixed screws, dyou mean that top screws got mixed with bottom screws? Bottom 1s are longer, they need to grab the weight too and fasten it.

The screws on this here dagger, only the top screws were good. These are period original screws. The bottom screws, were replacements. Not original. The head looks weird. I'll make pics of them, will try to not forget, to show what I mean.

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Karin: Nice dagger and great photo skills wink

Sam,

"Honesty is the best policy"
Hi Karin, Nice dagger and you did well with a photo capture of the crossgrain. Something I have difficulty with sometime. Best Larry

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Nakida
Karin: Nice dagger and great photo skills wink

Sam,

Hi Sam

Thank you for the compliments! The pics lack a better/good view of the actual condition of the blade though, I just cant seem to get that right? But its fun trying!

BTW, "Nakida" I see? Would you be by any chance the Nakidararitylist-maker himself?! Or, am I being silly again? I don't know all you guys' names and stuff, so, I'm told I've been chatting with a big dealer without knowing it, which is cool + all, but, I STILL don't know WHO? So, before I make anyone else grumpy without knowing it, by NOT knowing, reckon I'd better ask up front? Anyway, Thanks for stopping by!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Siegfried B
Hi Karin, Nice dagger and you did well with a photo capture of the crossgrain. Something I have difficulty with sometime. Best Larry

Hey Larry

Great you see you here, and thanks for the compliment! YES, its difficult to grab that beautiful detail of the grain, no? How DO people do that? Or, do you need supermanymegapixels for that? The cam I use has 4, and, I sorta halfwrecked it a few weeks back, it never quite got back to its usual self maybe?

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

P
P
Karin

Thanks for showing! Nice background!

PVON

Hi Karin, The fits on your SA Dagger are outstanding. That is the first thing I Look at when I am looking at a Dagger at the military shows. cool Regards,Forton

OP Offline
Thank you Sirs PVON and Forton, for compliments + stopping by Its my pleasure, really. And the fits, are SO good, indeed! The grip looks awesome, and, some1 else mentioned the gripcolour? Everything is lovely on this 1! I just had to correct the bottom scabbard screws, they distracted from everything. OH, not forgetting, I should take pics of those, I promised ...

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Karin, that is one real nice SA dagger you got there girl cool, Congrats i love it wink

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Mac 66
Karin, that is one real nice SA dagger you got there girl cool, Congrats i love it wink

Hi Mac 66

Wow, that is 1 supernice response! THANKS!

If it could, itw'd shine just that much more bright for you to show itself off proudly!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Karin, i know how much these SA beauties shine in hand grin,
You are doing yourself proud by buying such nice quality SAs wink
How many SAs you got saved up these days?
Bet your dying to buy another!!! smile

OP Offline
Karin, i know how much these SA beauties shine in hand grin,
You are doing yourself proud by buying such nice quality SAs wink
How many SAs you got saved up these days?
Bet your dying to buy another!!! smile

Hi Mac

Well, buying ... Itd be too complicated + personal to explain, but, considder me spoiled rotten to the core *LOL* Nah, just, kidding, sorta, however, no, this gorgeous dagger ends up with me but wasn't paid for by me, and this goes for, well, anything new I'm bluntly showing off here. I think, maybe, looking at what you say, you know me from another (once awesome) forum, so perhaps you knew all that already. If not, then, I cant explain without talking about my personal situation, and it did NOT become me very well, and I shouldn't do that either anymore, theres people out there just waiting to make anything painful + nasty, and, personal info is just used for sad things like that.

BUT, YES, it's an AWESOME dagger, and a bit of a surprise, as we stumbled upon it when on a little few days trip. Just, there, in an antiquesshop, in a backroom FULL of war-antiques; 1-shot rifles, bended swords, pirate pistols, hell we even fired such a pistol! That bang startled me out of my socks Im telling you, gosh WHAT a noise, and my arm shot WAAAY up, very very great force that ancient gun ... In the garden at the back ofcourse, not in the room *LOL* It was supercool! Even a little medieval canon was there, french revolution uniforms, some WWII (Blokploeg) stuff, and ... this here Dolch!

How many you ask? Well ... OH, 1st of; "looking forward to more"? Hmmm yes + no! YES, 'cause, well, I love 'em. But, NO, 'cause, if you get too many, how do you give proper attention to all of them? I mean, how do you enjoy stuff you have too much of? Perhaps Ill learn how to 1 day. But, right now, I love what I "have" under my care. I enjoy learning about it, it's a GREAT distraction, and it teaches more then just the obvious. Also, I truly love to share this stuff with the person that paid for this Dolch, so to speak, it gives us something in common, and I totally am SO grateful that he took that effort when I didnt even know it yet, some time ago, when I started to talk about it when I found all that stuff I inherited from my father.

SO, numbers? Well, I paid for 1 dagger myself, from an unexpected paycheck coming from a side-job last year, I quit that job against the will of my employer; cleaning office buildings at evenings + nights? He was against me going, raised a bit of hell about it. Wasn't expecting my pay anymore, but there it was! And it was swapped against an NSKK, transitional, Eickhorn. BUT, with that 1 here, makes it 2.

The 3rd, is a VERY minty VERY VERY lovely RZM Eickhorn, from the same person that paid for the Herbertz&Meurer, AND there's the partsmonster we restored from the Wüsthof blade I bought from Bob Hritz once, back in the days I knew even less then I do now *LOL* That blade was bought to switch with a battered, beaten + tired Wüsthof I inherited from my father. The "real" blade for this dagger, (its a LONG story, to be read on another forum, nevermind) was found, and the dagger is back to its proper self. That's daggers 4 + 5.

Aaaaand, thats it? NO WAIT ... there's the M7/36 with the aluminum crossguards! Its removed from the forum here, I posted that in the wrong place? AND, there's the, well, yes, itsa dagger, the dagger built from the battered beaten Wüsthof blade I replaced with Bob Hritz blade but got switched with its own blade again leaving the beaten + battered 1 lost as well. Do you still follow? *ROFL* Its more like a letter-opener; it has no scabbard, it has a grip that has eagle + roundel repaired, and ofcourse the blade is much MUCH shorter then it should be, is damaged, retipped, greyed, LITTERALY used as a garden tool by my great grand father, but its cool nonetheless! Sooooww, 6? NO 7 ... djeezz ... See? How easy it is to get too many stuff

Ofcourse, its not "too many", 'cause, were collectors? But, still, I want to enjoy each + every piece for its own history, quality and merit. I dont want to loose track, or get uninterested, or arrogant, for having much. I don't have much, I know that, but, still, just saying. I hope I'm making ANY sense?

Anyway, buying another? There's ALWAYS that eagerness to lay hands on that smashing piece somewhere. But, I'm SO VERY happy with what I have already? You know? Besides, this collecting stuff, actually is linked to a new "happy place" in life I found. So, more daggers or not, either way, is GREAT, all those smashingly GORGEOUS daggers posted here, I enjoy these also! Just looking at them from afar. They're ALL so awesome! EVEN the battered 1s, like "my" M7/36 ... I even asked help for that 1 here in the maintenance section.

I guess people reading in on this probably don't get ANY of this. I'll stop wasting bytes Just ask or PM for additionals, if you need any. Just got carried away a bit

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Karin, you sure like to talk girl laugh i remember the old wusty from the WAF wink enjoy your daggers & happy collecting smile

Last edited by Mac 66; 07/16/2010 06:30 PM.
Yes this is nice. I suspect the compression file sort of distorted the fine detail that we so love to see. I wish that were not the case but not sure if that what we have to live with or if a fix is in process?
Regardless appreciate you sharing.
P smile

OP Offline
Karin, you sure like to talk girl laugh

*LOL* Errrrr ... Well, yes, I have my moments Sorry 'bout that ...

...i remember the old wusty from the WAF wink enjoy your daggers & happy collecting smile

Ha! Dont let it be said Im just talk + no show! I shot the old Wüsty, for old times' sakes, JUST for you

Its actually 2 daggers now, the Old Wüsty - the blade (which is an exorbitantly luxurious letter opener, I mean, WHO of you has a dagger as opener??), which has a grip to match its state; the blade is an inch too short, ground, sharpened, greyed, scratched, battered ... but its STILL a ground Röhm! The grip has damage around the eagle + the roundel, the roundel has no enamel left + is damaged. But look at the pics, it still has some of that old pride left, dont it? Lower crossguard is marked "He", which is allowed for Wüsty, but Im not sure if its a REAL crossguard or not. It looks "off". The upper guard is good though. Both guards are not a matching pair. This MUST be the MOST "parts'ed" MOST battered dagger out there *LOL*

The other, 2nd Wüsty, is the proper Wüsty; everything you know from "back then", PLUS its own proper blade! A factory ground Röhm Eickhorn. Totally greyed, but full length, unsharpened, unretipped, and its a really really good fit to cross guards + grip. This dagger is a family piece actually. Very amazingly cool! Ugly pic, yes, I know, I made that earlier, its no good ...

OH, and, the screw I promised! Ill start with that. It belongs to this topic. I tried to grab it, but, that little thingy was NOT easy to shoot! Anyway, an effort, showing the (new) fully domed screw, and the old only-domed-halfway screw (?not sure what these are called?) The replaced screw is also a bit "used".

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

schroefje.jpg (119.05 KB, 80 downloads)
1 of the replaced screws, showing its flat head ...
1.jpg (119.01 KB, 84 downloads)
3.jpg (117.65 KB, 84 downloads)
4.jpg (117.06 KB, 79 downloads)
5.jpg (119.97 KB, 80 downloads)

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: lakesidetrader
Yes this is nice. I suspect the compression file sort of distorted the fine detail that we so love to see. I wish that were not the case but not sure if that what we have to live with or if a fix is in process?
Regardless appreciate you sharing.
P smile

Hi Paul

Thanks for the compliment Sir I noticed that I can upload bigger pics? I had 97k but now that is 123k? Perhaps something got fixed already? Or is it an improved userlevel after x posts? Anyway, nice of you to drop by, the dagger shines so proudly cause of all the attention!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Hi Karin, your "Old Wusty" doesnt look so bad in these pix ;), good job you did replacing that flathead screw with the proper one,youre becoming a bit of a SA freak cool, keep up the good work!!

R
R
Hello Krullies, a fine-looking H+M dagger. Really like the different backgounds you used in your pics! I have one as well, mine started life as an S/A, but when the Motorized S/A became the NSKK it had it's scabbard painted black. All the H+M's I've seen have all been gruppe-marked He. Here are some old pics for you! Regards, Leipzig

2006_1104HandM0001.jpg (37.28 KB, 105 downloads)
2006_1104HandM0005.jpg (34.01 KB, 105 downloads)
2006_1104HandM0006.jpg (51.31 KB, 104 downloads)
2006_1104HandM0007.jpg (23.03 KB, 104 downloads)
2006_1104HandM0011.jpg (22.21 KB, 104 downloads)

Never fry bacon in the nude!
R
R
Maker-Mark

2006_1104HandM0014.jpg (42.69 KB, 103 downloads)

OP Offline
Hi Mac

Hi Karin, your "Old Wusty" doesnt look so bad in these pix wink ...

I know! Its amazing what a bit of attention does, no? It got to be the worlds most decadent letter opener *LOL* Still, not even slightly worthy of anything posted seriously here, but don't ever tell it that!

...youre becoming a bit of a SA freak cool, keep up the good work!!...

More + more every day What HAS become of the world? Little girls with big knifes ... going to shambles I say! Nah, just kidding a bit. Thanks again Mac!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka
Hello Krullies, a fine-looking H+M dagger. Really like the different backgounds you used in your pics! I have one as well, mine started life as an S/A, but when the Motorized S/A became the NSKK it had it's scabbard painted black. All the H+M's I've seen have all been gruppe-marked He. Here are some old pics for you! Regards, Leipzig

Hi Leipzig

Oh wow ... what a beautiful dagger! And your motto is NOT as wibblywobbly as mine I think? Check this if you missed. Very VERY nice Dolch!

Old pics or not, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this! Your grip is stunning too, and I simply LOVE the black scabbard! Those are übercool and YOURS has VERY good paint still! With the very little hints of brown underneath? VERY good historical proof of what you say, indeed, that they got painted? I have a transitional NSKK, lovely piece, I'm tempted to post it, to answer to your gorgeous H&M NSKK. But mine is Eickhorn, so, maybe, I'll cross the line by posting that 1 here?

Anyway, I think your dagger deserves its own topic! But, I love seeing it here too, so, again, THANKS!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Mine is stamped "B".

MVC-003F.JPG (43.58 KB, 78 downloads)
Last edited by Skyline Drive; 07/19/2010 10:13 PM.
R
R
Hello Mike, that's the first I've seen that's not marked He. Thanks for showing, Leipzig

R.R Offline
Hi Karin,

Nice daggers you have, I think is very interesting you open individuals threads to show us each one in details.

Regards,

Ricardo
R.R Offline
Hi Roger,

I love too NSKK daggers, very nice this one. Seems to me scabbard was a little bit cruddely brush period repainted.

Regards,

Ricardo
R
R
Hello R.R. and Thanks Much! Yes, the scabbard was crudely painted and there are a few flakes in the paint where you can see the brown anodizing underneath. I, too, am a big NSKK dagger fan. I have 6, three of them transitionals, and this one, you might be interested in seeing! I just snapped these 3 pics real quick, can take more if you like. Regards, Leipzig

DSCF2406.jpg (31.77 KB, 54 downloads)
DSCF2407.jpg (40.57 KB, 52 downloads)
DSCF2408.jpg (49.44 KB, 53 downloads)

R.R Offline
Really a near mint taged RZM dagger, seems to me M7/37 is stamped at tag. I'll be glad if you create a new thread showing us more details.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Regards,

Ricardo
OP Offline
...I just snapped these 3 pics real quick, can take more if you like...

Ooooohmy ... Leipzig, youre REALLY bringing out the big 1s now! This is AWESOME ... wow ...

Awed,
Karin-Renate

OP Offline
Hello Mike, that's the first I've seen that's not marked He. Thanks for showing, Leipzig

Hi Leipzig

That goes for me too? Only officially acknowledged Gruppe-stamp I know of is "He" for Herbertz&Meurer? Well, what I think is "officially acknowledged", ofcourse, but, how official is that? The Nakida-listing is respected I think, and, the copy I have here says "He", no other? Anyway, this can be interesting! Theres Gau Mi + Th between He + B, but, maybe Herbertz got to fill in an extra order for Berlin? Daggers got stamped in Gaus, I think, not at the factory, 'cause, the mark would have been of better quality, and not bluntly stamped just anywhere it landed.

What do you guys think? Is Nakida reading in? Maybe? Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

OP Offline
...I have 6, three of them transitionals, and this one, you might be interested in seeing! ...

Hey Leipzig,

Im probably too eager, but, Id love seeing all of them? This 1 is gorgeous! Im with Ricardo, please PLEASE open a topic for this 1? It deserves the detailed attention? Or would you rather not show? Thats OK too

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Originally Posted By: Skyline Drive
Mine is stamped "B".

Hey Skyline, thats pretty rare to see at least for me. Nice one. Larry

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Siegfried B
Originally Posted By: Skyline Drive
Mine is stamped "B".

Hey Skyline, thats pretty rare to see at least for me. Nice one. Larry

Hey Skyline, hi Larry,

YES, very much so? Im still hoping any1 "officially" keeping track of such Gruppe-stamps will read in, and give an opinion? Would be awesome if your dagger discovered a so far unseen combination? Or maybe it IS seen, but too little, and it didnt make it to any list? You surely have a rare 1 there!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Here is another one with B, posted by Pesho on the old forum http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/160093573/m/8740056454?r=429105122#429105122

nats

XXXXX_002.jpg (76.89 KB, 57 downloads)
OP Offline
Thank you Nats! Also, great way of saying "dont forget the old forum"!

Sincerely,
Karin-Renate

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,495 SS Bayonets
1,761,988 Teno Insignia Set
1,130,926 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Overslept a development???
by Luftbud - 04/16/2024 01:03 AM
Bulgarian Brannik youth knife - real?
by wotan - 04/15/2024 06:46 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 10:17 PM
CLAY TOBACCO PIPES
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/14/2024 06:25 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,017
Members7,516
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (Stephen, Documentalist, Cameron, Ilya, ollar, BretVanSant), 448 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod