Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thule Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone know anything about the Brad Pitt movie which opens on August 21 called 'Inglorious Basterds? I have watched the trailer and I am not sure if this is a serious movie or a sick comedy. In any event, it looks like just another liberal Hollywood piece of s---. Any opinions?

You should also find an international trailer to download also has more out takes. Its a Tarantino movie so expext that style and serious??? for fun is more likely Smile. I dont like Pitt but I'll check out the flick.
Bret Van Sant

probably a gruesome comedy,,you know Tarantino's mind,,,too bad they couldnt have used a real german helmet on the films poster... Frown

A
A J Offline
A
Aparently its about a squad of jewish volunteers operating behind German lines to cause mayhem bit like Sckorzeny in reverse

I think your last thoughts are the most accurate, I'd wait for the $1 show, if that - Shouldn't take long to get there.
The notion of pansy Brad Pitt doing any fighting in the first place is a bit far fetched.

Doug
Thule Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your answers. This is the exact kind of movie that I will never watch. Just like that movie 'U-581' or what ever the U-boat number was. Another Hollywood fantasy.

H
hpt Offline
H
I saw it the other night, more out of curiosity for the uniforms than anything else.

A total fantasy (suffice it to say that Hitler, Goering, Goebbels, Borman et al are all killed when a cinema in Paris is sealed off and set alight in 1944) with some nasty scenes that I fear can have no positive effect on younger viewers (e.g. killing with repeated blows to the head with a baseball bat).

Although more mature and better informed people can take it for what it is, I fear that an ugly message could come through over Brad Pitt's mission to "kill Nazis". They do a fair amount of that, but some of the more gruesome scenes depict men in Heer uniform being killed, who may well not have been members of the NSDAP.

The best performance by far is the actor playing the arch villain, the smooth SD-Standartenfuehrer, fluent in German, French, English and Italian. He is brilliant and his portrayal is so good that it makes Pitt's role (especially at the film premier where he stumbles over even the most basic Italian) not only absurd but out of place.

The uniforms and insignia are probably all fake, but I thought look quite good on screen. The only problem is that whoever looked after costume went for what they thought looked good, without any attempt to match medals and badges to the wearer. I saw at least two officers in Paris with the Germanische Leistungsrune which, although not impossible, is unusual. And the SD-Standartenfuehrer gets a gold Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross, Germanische Leistungsrune, Bandenkampfabzeichen and more while hunting down Jews (as a "detective" as he puts it) in France, which doesn't make much sense.

hpt

L
L
I went to see it when I was working away from home, more for something to do than anything else. I walked out half way through

Unfortunately this type of distorted rubbish will become some of the younger generations perception of history, especially those less educated groups.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,381 SS Bayonets
1,763,732 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,438 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Site Down
by Vern - 05/02/2024 11:55 PM
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:40 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/01/2024 12:40 PM
Latest New Posts
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Evgeniy - 05/03/2024 10:17 AM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Evgeniy - 05/03/2024 10:13 AM
F Dula with a twist
by Seppi - 05/03/2024 09:35 AM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,669
Posts329,086
Members7,524
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (Documentalist, [email protected], Nietzsche, Dave, BretVanSant, Vern, Miroslav, stingray, benten), 459 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod