Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Everything about these tabs appear period. The only problem is that I know nothing about TK insignia. With this being said I contacted Robin Lumsden, who informed me that the TKs on this set are from a late war design and were not seen on tunics or insignia dating prior to 1944.

What were the later TKs made of? Zinc? Is it possible that under humid or unfavorable conditions, this metal can corrode, without leaving effects on the material?

This set was presneted to me medical, yet I doubt that this is the case as it specifically states in the regs(Angolia) that medical personel attached to the HG would retain their solid blue waffenfarbe tabs. However, I do feel that these tabs are for a reservist in the Reg or Div HG.

I am very excited about them!

When looking at the tabs closely, I see some threads along the blue piping? Could this be evidence that the tabs were attached to a tunic at some point, or is this part of the overall construction?

I look forward to discussion on this item!

Regards
Paul

1.jpg (66.92 KB, 150 downloads)
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is the back

2.jpg (67.99 KB, 148 downloads)
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for looking. The other tab is identical to the one shown. I am looking forward to discussion on this potentially rare tab!

PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
After some reading in vol 1 of Angolia's Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, I have determined:

1. That the Luftwaffe starting using blue for a secondary waffenfarbe for their reserve officers in Apr1935. Nothing was ever mentioned about the reserve program ever being abolished.

2. In January 1944, the use of collar tabs was abolished(by divisional degree...not by the "Berlin" or even Hermann Goering although I am sure that he unofficially OK'ed it) on FIELD and COMBAT uniforms. This would mean that collar tabs would still have been worn on uniforms worn on back on the home front and/or while on Liberty/Leave.

If there is nothing to contradict the above, that would mean that these Very Rare tabs were very likely worn per regs in 1944.

What are your thoughts(anyone) on this?

There must be someone out there who has some insight on these?

Regards
Paul

F
F
quote:
Originally posted by PaulR:
Everything about these tabs appear period. The only problem is that I know nothing about TK insignia. With this being said I contacted Robin Lumsden, who informed me that the TKs on this set are from a late war design and were not seen on tunics or insignia dating prior to 1944.

What were the later TKs made of? Zinc? Is it possible that under humid or unfavorable conditions, this metal can corrode, without leaving effects on the material?

This set was presneted to me medical, yet I doubt that this is the case as it specifically states in the regs(Angolia) that medical personel attached to the HG would retain their solid blue waffenfarbe tabs. However, I do feel that these tabs are for a reservist in the Reg or Div HG.

I am very excited about them!

When looking at the tabs closely, I see some threads along the blue piping? Could this be evidence that the tabs were attached to a tunic at some point, or is this part of the overall construction?

I look forward to discussion on this item!

Regards
Paul

OK, Who won the photo of these on eBay?

b5_1.jpg (18.65 KB, 112 downloads)

Fran
fran@thethirdreichemporium.com
(Always looking for NICE German WWII Visors, Imperial/Third Reich Medal Bars & Excellent or better Silver Wound Badges)
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi! Smile

That is an awesome photo!!! I wish that I had!!

Regards
Paul

F
F
It didn't seem as anyone had found it and I put a small bid on it, then went out of town and missed the auction end, I would have went much higher but me and my stupid bid.... Mad

Fran
(Always looking for NICE German WWII Visors, Imperial/Third Reich Medal Bars & Excellent or better Silver Wound Badges)
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I have decided to bite the bullet and get these tabs(and a big bullet it was to bite!!) . I have more history on the set that I will post when I receive them. They will definately be the center piece of the tab collection!

Regards
Paul

F
F
I am patient like a Black Widow Spider.

The above mentioned picture of the TK collar tabs in wear posted by me, won by someone else a couple weeks ago on eBay are now mine.

I always check my favorite sellers for new items and saw that this photo was relisted today. I contacted the seller to see what the deal was and it seems as the buyer ended up getting another photo from the seller and this picture was relisted. I offered to buy it at the same price as the last buyer and the seller agreed (I would have bid this up way higher last time but was out of town).

Auction ended. Winging it's way to me as we speak.

God I love when a plan comes together.

Fran
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Fran,

It is a good thing that you did not win the photo you listed... it seems to be a repro. This very photo is listed in Angolia's series... vol 2.

It is still a great photo though... if the price were right!

Well fellows,

how about this one:

No Ebay - found it on a fleamarket yesterday in upper bavaria on a hot sunny day close to the alps.

Details of the tabs:

The color of the tab is for sure not white, compared to the bride's dress.

What color could that be ?

And that one was also a fleamarket find a few weeks ago:

Kind regards
Robert

GDC - member # 153
PaulR Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for posting those great photos.

I am guessing that the color could be red... is there anyone who is good at color "translation"?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,265,915 SS Bayonets
1,763,195 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,901 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/27/2024 05:41 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/27/2024 04:45 PM
Rings & Things for the MAX
by Stephen - 04/27/2024 08:19 AM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Ric Ferrari - 04/26/2024 05:52 PM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,075
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (Stephen, The_Collector, Ric Ferrari, Dave, Documentalist, C. Wetzel-20609, Billy G., Vern, Vik, Wade), 628 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod