Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
What are your thoughts on this, in terms of what unit it could be from? I don't think I have ever seen one originating from Scheveningen before. Of course most of what I have seen has been from Rgt.1 which tended to all originate from Twede Tol (the EK II's). No doubt that this doc is 100% original, I have his 1939 jump badge doc,and some other things, but am interested to see what unit he could have been with during operation Fall Gelb, and I think this (place name) could be a clue. Any thoughts?

Thanks

EQ

OP Offline
My initial guess on this is FJR2. But does anyone know which company was quartered at
Scheveningen ?

OP Offline
Hello.............

Is anyone out there.............

...........wow

Online Content
Hello Eric, sorry I am wether in docs nor in FJ items (I only own the dagger of a FJ-Staabsarzt) but what I see in this doc is that it is void of the first name of the bestowed, the two last line of the machine scipt are written one into one and the position "Stellv.Kommandeur" is written wrong "Kommanduer".
Sorry I cannot answer your questions, regards

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.
OP Offline
Thanks. I noticed those things as well, which are certainly odd, but I have seen stranger things with these documents. Over all the feeling of the document, and the grouping its with, still feel right to me (but I am certainly keeping an open mind). Thanks again.

H
H
As to Scheveningen, this is what I wrote to Eric:

Scheveningen is very simple and logic to me. After the Dutch surrendered, Fjr1 and (what was left of) Fjr2, as well as many 22LL Div troops were offered some rest at The Haque. They were placed there in civilian houses but also at the Army Barraks(almost at the border The Haque-Scheveningen.
And remember, many badly wounded were in hospitals in Delft, Leiden and The
Haque. You'll find many Fall Gelb FJ picture's with the name of Dutch foto-studio's in The Haque on the back. So there you go. They spend some time in The Haque to recover, a little R&R and Scheveningen, a small village on the sea witch is part of The Haque officially(don't tell the people who were born in
Scheveningen) and has a great seaside hotel, a beautifull boulevard etc. It was famous then to spend the weekends at sea, and it still is now.
I've seen many foto's lately on ebay.de showing German soldiers 1940 at the Scheveningen boulevard.

I have to ad to this that, besides the R&R the troops were also involved in a search-mission. The area around The Hague was "cut" into 4 big "square's". These area's were searched all-over severall times in order to try to find dead and wounded German soldiers, but also to try and find German POW's(listed as MIA). Remember, many of the Junker-crews came directly from the Luftwaffe training-school, so the lost of these many hit hard. The has been a special direct order to all 22LL Div. men not to mention anything about the lost off crews and materials to anybody.

A nice detail to this is that after the Dutch surrenderd near to Hoek van Holland a Dutch farmer, busy on his field, stumbled into a German platoon. He noticed something strange on the ground which turned out to be a tent, camouflaged with grass. Under it a foxhole with 2 German soldiers. As he told them the war was over the gave a signal and a whole platoon came "out off the ground and into the open".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,247 SS Bayonets
1,764,326 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,063 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Latest New Posts
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,695
Posts329,181
Members7,531
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Miroslav, wotan, JONATHAN, den70, Dave, Baz69, Dakms), 652 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod