Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Here It Is, The rarest of the Rare! The Honoryest of the Honorable! The ONE and Only, One of a Kind! DAVE HOHAUS SS Honor Dagger!

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Don't crush that Dwarf! Hand ME the Pliers."
Frank Zappa
OP Offline
Presented in honor of the Time of Struggle!

Frank Zappa
Wow !

Dave

OP Offline
This Beauty will be presented to Dave on the occasion of our meeting at SOS!

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
ABetter look at the Blade of this Gem!

Frank Zappa
A
A
Louie:
I'm buying you your first beer at Craigs party! Big Grin Wink Maybe we can get Ron Weinand to set you up for an "Etching" seminar at this years MAX!! Cool
Jim

L
L
Louie,
Do you just play all day?
awesome & yet very disturbing Eek
glad to see you back on form, & entertaining as always Wink

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
wow louie, amazing item, lol, not much more to say! i think it should have a personal touch on the crossguard, cmon, you know you can do it! Wink remove those darn acorns!

drinking04.gif (2.21 KB, 767 downloads)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character, give him power" Abraham Lincoln
OP Offline
Yes Dave! I know it is a Fake!

Louie

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
Hey Paul, I guess you didn't look closely at the center of the top scabbard fitting! ;^)

Frank Zappa
S
sdp Offline
S
I have to agree with Vaughan... "awesome & yet very disturbing" Cool

Good to see you back Wayne.

T E Offline
Great Work Louie!Watch your back Dave! Eek

T

OP Offline
I thought you guys might like to see the Makers Mark also! It wouldn't photograph very well, so I added the original art to the pic!

Frank Zappa
T E Offline
Louie, Could I ask how you lost your finger ? Damn that had to hurt,I lost part of mine from a damn hog.No it wasn't a bike chain,but a real four legged hog. T

Has this SS dagger forum become the Hobby Humor forum?? And restoration forum too??

Not wishing to rain on anyones parade here ,but i think we have separate forums for both.

Ulf.

"The man who stands at a strange threshold, should be cautious before he cross it.
Glance this way and that. Who knows beforehand what foes may sit, awaiting him in the hall?" -Odin
Are thoughs numbers suppost to be some kind of date, and what is the motto suppost to say "in honery XXXXXXX??" Like the three finger louie trademark I wonder what that ranks on the Rarity scale Big Grin

Reminds me of the "vonBobbitt Honor Dagger" that I found on my workbench about 10-12 years ago. Anyone know where that is today? Charlie Synder told me he sold it last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Louie, you have a hell of a sense of humor. It's gonna be an experience meeting you at the SOS. I don't think your stuff is "disturbing" in the least. I think your "maker mark" is freekin' killer!

Everyone needs to enjoy your contributions and lighten up...ain't nobody dying here (except maybe of laughter). Bring some pics of the bikes and the dog!

Mark Big Grin

OP Offline
The Dedication translates "To Honor Combat Time" with the Dates Jan. 4-6, 2006 in the German form. Which are the dates when I was expelled from the forum. Actually Brave wolf is correct, I feel that this whole business should now be allowed to die a natural death. The post was not originally intended as humor. Just a joke within the thread to lighten up a serious post about the very real possibility that a spurious dedication on an otherwise decent blade could end up in the collector market and tag a new collector. I started this thread here because I thought that, if I put it on the humor forum, nobody would know what it was all about and everyone would think I was nuts. (IRONIC JOKE COMING UP! ---->) I knew that would never happen here! (<----IRONIC JOKE TERMINATED)So, as far as I am concerned, the dispute is over.

3-Finger Louie

Frank Zappa
Loui, I'm sure Eickhorn would have hired you in a minute for thier etching dept. Nice work! Although it is kida scary what can be done to a REAL blade. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us Wink

Hey TE glad to see someone like me around here.Loss the tip of my rt.index to my sons bull terrier.He was choking on a dog treat I went to help him?? he turned his head and by accident caught my finger. Eek

You know you're over the hill when "Happy Hour" means Nap Time

I was only confused about the date because generally europeans use the . instead of the / so overthere a date would really look like this 04-06.2.2006 the / was the confusing part for me because dates with the / are generally in a MM/DD/YYYY format and dates using the period use the DD.MM.YYYY format which I guess we really don't need it purfect since its really for humor and kinda a gag gift anyways!! And we don't need purfect repro entering the market either!! Wink

S
S
What dispute???? Lighten up guys about the humor aspect. If you can't joke about stuff what the heck is left? If I sneeze while I post do I have to list my thread under the sneeze forum???? I mean C'mon already, why does everyone have to be so damn serious all the time and if that is what you are all about you are in the wrong place and a member of the wrong forum. cheers, Ryan insert humour here Big Grin

Aaaaah...the elusive Waffenfabrik Louie maker mark! Nice one Wink
Make sure you guys get pics of the presentation at the SOS so you can post them here. I don't think I can make it...

Regards
Russell

F
F
Regarding European ways of writing the date in a numeric sequence, I have to tell you that we invariably use the DDMMYY format, i.e. the date first, the month second, and the year last - and also that versions having the full point (.)("period" to you US guys)are almost as common as versions having the forward slash (/), and that versions having the en-rule ( - ) do also occur - but less frequently. This latter feature is distinct from the use of the hyphen (-). The hyphen in dating systems, where two dates are compounded together (as in Louie's 04-06 date) has no space either side of it, and therefore occupies the space as if it was another digit. The en-rule, on the other hand, has a space either side, and thus determines that the two numerals are separate to each other.

Because there had, at some time, been confusion about whether or not the date, or the month, should precede each other (as written style variations were commonly accepted) for example:
3 September, 1939 OR September 3, 1939, quite a lot of continental Europe, and the Germans in particular, decided to show the difference between the date and the month, by writing the month in Roman numerals - thus the September 3 date referred to above would be written as:
3.IX.1939. This avoids confusion as to which numeral indicates the month.

Sorry if I have rambled on like some school teacher. I just got carried away with explaining the various nuances of writing dates.

FJS

Dave & Louie...the inscription is a dead givaway...either that or it is in Dutc Big Grinh.

there is no such German word as Z� and if you want to honor the fighting times it would be "Der Kampfzeit"...so as you can see...if you send me that Dave Hohause honor dagger I will keep all this quiet and wont post it into cyberspace.

I know somebody is going to tell me to lighten up...smile...remember now I do the translations in GD.

OP Offline
Thank you, Gentlemen, for all the input on dates and correct grammer. I say this because today is the day I am going to grind away the dedication on this Dagger and redo it. Dave and I noticed that I had put the date incorrectly on the blade and I need to fix it. So, I appreciate the input on how to do it More correctly! It will possibly be of great value also in the future! Heh, Heh!

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
I can only use each stencil one time so It is no big deal to change it. By the way , Roland, What is your Icon?

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
Hey, does anyone on here have some good graphics of Oakleaves or floral Dagger embellishments? Black and white or dark grayscale. I would greatly appreciate any submissions.

Frank Zappa
Louie I take it you mean my atavar pic? That is my "chicken plate" that I wore in Nam, and on May 15th of 1967 some inconsiderate nincompoop put that hole right smack in the middle of it...glad you have a good sense of Humor Louie...

so if you are re-stenciling that Honor blade make it

Zu Ehren der Kampfzeit
04-06 I. 06

your SteinMeister...Roland.

A
A
3fl:
I would think any good "How To" book on gun engraving would have the types of graphics you're looking for. However; If I run across anything I'll let you know.
Jim

OP Offline
Thanks Jim, But I just did a search on the net, Duhhh! Why didn't I think of that? And found a slew of stuff.

3FL

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
Hey, any of you guys seen this yet? Somebody needs to get it and send it to me! Add $200 to whatever you get it for and It will be Perfect! I would love to work on it, but have virtually 0 funds right now after buying that chained SS I posted on here a while back.

Frank Zappa
OP Offline

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
Hey Guys! Check this out, I wonder how much trouble I could get into if I bought this thing! Direct from Solingen, Germany too! Oh, If it could talk, What wonders we would behold!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polishing-machine-to-process-metal-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
I bet I could get that pesky blade grain right with this!

Frank Zappa
OP Offline
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this or I should start a new string. But, I just wanted ALL you guys to know that, when I am playing with this stuff, I have NEVER and would NEVER use any period piece as the starting point on one. Everything you see me do that changes the appearence of a piece is done on Known Reproduction Parts, ALL parts used in the "fun" daggers I make or modify are phoney to start with. I feel it is heresy to mess with original parts. Even if not modified for use on a redone dagger! Just so that you know. I do legitimate restorations for other people, and my own collection, and Never use non-period parts to do that, even screws! To be honest, the more a known reproduction part looks like an original, the more likely it is that I will use it for a "funny" piece. I have NEVER made anything with the intent of fooling anyone that a dagger is Original. And I have no intention of starting.

3FL

Frank Zappa
E
E
ha Ha Ha Boring the tits off me Louie .Show some daggers .

OP Offline
Listen to this guy! Jeez! Try to be serious for a minute and look what I have to put up with!

Frank Zappa
E
E
And I thought this was the SS dagger forum . Not the SS talk **** forum .
regards Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,574 SS Bayonets
1,764,579 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,487 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Typeface/font used on SA, SS daggers.
by AfterMath - 05/07/2024 07:53 PM
SS Directory Black Book
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 04:22 PM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
Latest New Posts
Big flags! Any flags! Who has them!
by Luftbud - 05/11/2024 11:45 PM
Iron Crosses!
by Luftbud - 05/11/2024 11:35 PM
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by Vern - 05/11/2024 03:42 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Gaspare - 05/11/2024 12:23 AM
SS honor ring. 1936.
by Gaspare - 05/11/2024 12:15 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,674
Posts329,188
Members7,530
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dean Perdue, polop, Jonesy), 541 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod