Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
not at all Smile
I'm wondering What is wrong with the logo had showed at the beginning ?
the 1st one I showed is the obviously seen junk and the idea is it was the main point to some guys to make decision - the logo at the discussed dagger is not a good one.
the 2nd is blade I'm able to handle.
the 3rd I believe is the original one and had been introduced at GD before, accompanying with the exciting story ( around 2 years ago )
Just help me to find that old tread or into Your files and You'll get a surprise.

Alex.

A
A
Hello
in spite of there is no story but the images of the dagger bearing logo I hope is out of discussion.

mix..jpg (109.78 KB, 426 downloads)
A
A
Here I'm trying to show the mixture of 2 logo
the 2nd ( mine ) and 3rd one from the collage, made via Photoshop.
I think they are matching well to each other, aren't they ?

and again, thoughts, opinions, comments are welcome and really needed.

Thanks for looking.
Alex.

4.jpg.jpg (98.64 KB, 417 downloads)
A
A
photoshop

02.mix.jpg (97.87 KB, 411 downloads)
A
A
Here is the grip, looks similar to the grip Ilya started with ?

grip_1..jpg (107.73 KB, 407 downloads)
A
A
The Eagle, zinc though Smile

grip_mix.jpg (103.48 KB, 403 downloads)
R
R
quote:
Originally posted by alexhip:
The Eagle, zinc though Smile

1.jpg (103.2 KB, 363 downloads)
777 Offline
This is "chicken head" type Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

R
R
First dagger (Ilya's) have a similar wrong bird...

Yes the "Buzzard Beaked" one Roll Eyes

S
S
Roman: could you show us the opposite side of your real ones? Just to be sure..
What a strange thing: in TW opinion the grip is original. Did he make the same mistake like others who also think it's original?

R
R
the GRIP is a fake.
as all other parts on these daggers

back

1.jpg (5.24 KB, 327 downloads)
R
R

2.jpg (54.99 KB, 323 downloads)
S
S
WOW! I'm sorry, but you must to forget to add "IMO" before the word "fake".
Do you have the same maker in zinc?
Make a homework: do a search in the web and in this forum - you'll find some similar eagles.
Take care!

R
R
quote:
Originally posted by sokol:
WOW! I'm sorry, but you must to forget to add "IMO" before the word "fake".
Do you have the same maker in zinc?
Make a homework: do a search in the web and in this forum - you'll find some similar eagles.
Take care!

no, its not necessarily in this case - ITS A FAKE DAGGER (daggers)
Now these daggers are in Russia and some places of east Europe only... but I think so soon they will be present and on the USA markets too...
and not only Hammesfahr's...

S
S
The first of them was posted here four years ago. When will this "soon" be?
Roman: Just for your attention - TW once said:
Opinions should only be allowed if everyone out there expressing an opinion is indeed an expert on the subject and qualified to render a such a statement.

A
A
Roman Hello and Thanks for the interesting input.
I'm really interesting to solve this puzzle out. Of course, the eagle was taking out via Help of a really skillful guy and I'd say with some Experience behind. He wasn't a believer of this type of the eagle before having this one in hand.
This one looked as a real thing to him. Have to add all his attempts to find any reverse bearing M1/108 have fallen through. I'll try to make a better pics of the eagle, just to calm myself down.

Thanks again.
Alex.

PS: mongobongo & 777
Gentlemens,
You are quite helpful persons if we are going to find the Truth out and You are always on time.
Thank You very much.

R
R
OK... You finding the Truth...
so You have:
wrong grip
wrong insert place (on the grip)
incredible eagle
bad crossguards
wrong maker's mark
wrong place of maker's mark
... its not all, but enough - there are some more red flags...

by the way - all of these Hammesfahr's daggers are in similar condition - cleaned., no crossgraining., repainted scabbards, etc. -- nobody saw mint (near mint) or "ground dug" examples...
Are You still finding the Truth?

A
A
Yes, Why not ? The time is coming Smile You are also quite aware of Where all these Hammersfahr came from, aren't You ?
But was out of this "business" for all these years. Of course, it is NOT Your "business"
There are around 5 to 7 of them ( I heard about )in the same condition and I'd say they are twins, except of the small details and eagles from time to time You can find cupronickel ones.
But, I've been coming across with the scabbards are just out of discussion.
And I've seen at least 4 Grips (only one was with the eagle guys were not comfortable with ).
Crossguards - most likely a doubtful things Smile
By the way What is Your attitude to the "Runes plate" is connected to the steel fix basic ?
So, back to this Grip. I'm sure it was period done, hard to explain - just believe me or ask Your Friend You'd got used to discuss such things.
What Do You think about that comparing with the logo s coming from another source ?
Here is the image showing the crossgraining You're surprised with, once You'd got it a while ago, hadn't You ?

Roman, Let us try to do our best to clear it.

Thank You in advance.
Alex.

PS: at least, there are not "makedonskey10" and Co. Smile

001.jpg.jpg (77.45 KB, 251 downloads)
R
R
This dagger is a FAKE too, certainly
... just the fakemakers created a better blade
OFCOURSE the fakemakers reading a similar forums - and correcting the mistakes...
HERE IS A FULL PIC of this

1.jpg (85.99 KB, 176 downloads)
R
R
a lot of RED FLAGS
(as a parade on RED SQUARE)

2.jpg (106.96 KB, 577 downloads)
777 Offline
So, dear fakers visiting this forum, you have another instruction in which field you have to improve yourself. I'm sure next generation of your "Hammesfahrs" will be closer to the originals. Feel free to ask for additional instructions. Other makers? Logo problems? We'll correct it.

S
S
Thanks for your inputs! As far as I know the dagger with nice cross grain surfaced in the local community several years ago. Some local collectors examined it carefully and found nothing unusual with it besides the logo position. BTW a combination with the same type of the logo and it�s normal blade position you may find in this theme and here - http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...8099473/m/6260084195 .
And finally just a couple words about whom you�re dealing with in this thread. It may be interesting here at GDC.
Both persons Ilya=I-lya=some other nicknames in Cyrillic and Roman = Booteen are known in Russian collectors community as persons violating rules and regulations. Many times they were caught red handing in deceiving other collectors, participating in selling known reproduction items as originals, openly defaming forum members on another sites, using photos without any permission (mainly from GDC). The final call they got when they started to distribute McSarr list. I very doubt that Mr. McAlvanah gave such a permission.
For this activity Ilya was expelled from the Russian analog of GDC and Roman is suspended.
That�s it, folks!

Ilya Offline OP
OP Offline
WOW! Thanks sokol that I have learnt a lot of new about myself. But to deal with such person as you I would not advise to anybody.
I think that all its actions concerning me and the Roman are caused by discussion of this dagger instead of that he mentions in the message.
Certainly I have the original list of a rarity of Mike but never it copied and did not extend.
Yes, once Roman used the data from the Fisher's reference, Mike's list and the information from a forum and has made the own list which has shown to some collectors.
Yes, I collect interesting photos from the Internet and sometimes I show it's photos to other collectors. I do it only for the help to other collectors.
In Russia not is a lot of forums on which is possible to discuss a edged weapons theme. And it is very bad that a moderator of one of these forums is a sokol. If someone's opinion does not coincide with his opinion this person will be necessarily blocked.

S
S
Just for undestanding of the fellow collectors:
- all my words above could be proved by links, pics, etc.
- copy of McSarr list distributed by Ilya&Roman (with their remaks from Fisher's book) could be emailed to the Administration on demand.
- After numerous tickets only TWO persons have been expelled since 2005.

R
R
ITS INTERESTING FOR ALL GDF MEMBERS (Im sure)

Yes Ive show the list (make by myself, based on McSARR list and Fisher's book)jn russian forum... for all members... but FREE, NOT FOR MONEY. and I stopped it when the administration of russian forum asked me about it.
McAlvanah, excuse me for it - I'M READY TO PAY ANY TAX for McAlvanah for my deed... this list showed 2 days on russian military forum.
I can show this list here, but I don't know about McAlvanah and forum administration opinion about it...

SOKOL - one of the famous FAKE DAGGERS PROTECTOR
... and seller of these items...
I mean some SS CHAINED DAGGERS and HAMMESFAHR SS daggers ("NEW TYPE" as he wants to call it) - he wants to, these knives will be recognized by society as STRANGE (but not more, not as FAKES)
- so many collectors tried to return the money for these daggers... last time, after some discussions on russian forums .
and (I think) TO SELL these daggers so difficult here...
but these daggers appeared 4-5 years ago only - THERE IS NO ONE SIMILAR DAGGER earlier than 2000 year - lets try to find it.
NO books, NO forums... nothing... and just NOW the collectors society can see this "unknown" types of regular maker's mark, eagle, grip, pommel nut, etc.
This time a most of these daggers are in Russia, Ukraine etc., but Im sure ITS JUST A BEGINING...

S
S
And now the same person violating the rules, but this time at GDC:
"..If you wish to use the Forum to redress a particular grievance, your comments must adhere to three rules. First, the forum should be used in this way as a last resort - plaintiffs must have sought to resolve a specific problem privately with the dealer to no avail. Second, a complaint must be specific and free of emotional language and innuendo. Third, a public complaint must only include known facts and may not include unsubstantiated suspicions and should not draw �universal conclusions� about a person�s character or knowledge. Complaints that do not meet these criteria will not be tolerated. Remember, public accusations cannot be taken back. Because of this, violations of our policy may result expulsion from our community..."

R
R
I did not admit any violations... as I see

and one more - please let me see any item I sold.
"reproduction as original" or "original as original" nevermind -- ANY ITEM I SOLD

Online Content
???

Dave

S
S
??, brav? man - I can post here many fakes which you friend Ilya attributed as originals for a dealer called Vova, but before show here any evidance I am the seller of this daggers. That is the violation of the Code. Reread it: Third, a public complaint must only include known facts and may not include unsubstantiated suspicions and should not draw �universal conclusions� about a person�s character or knowledge. Complaints that do not meet these criteria will not be tolerated. Remember, public accusations cannot be taken back. Because of this, violations of our policy may result expulsion from our community/

S
S
Roman & Ilya don't say the truth here about the McSarr list. It was posted for 7 days and they didn't want to remove it - it was removed by Moderator only after I contacted him. Russian speaking collegues read the story here: http://ww2.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=71289&st=25

S
S
And this is part of a list they distributed

list.JPG (16.97 KB, 314 downloads)
R
R
NOT distributed!
that will be fair

1.jpg (100.02 KB, 287 downloads)
M
M
Mr Roman, please check your Personal Messages- Michael McAlvanah MD

Online Content
Ilya - Sokol - Roman,

Take your differences of opinion and personal insults somewhere other than GDC. Thanks

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hohaus:
Ilya - Sokol - Roman,

Take your differences of opinion and personal insults somewhere other than GDC. Thanks

Dave

Youre a Hard man Dave Big Grin

M
M
quote:
Originally posted by LH 600:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hohaus:
Ilya - Sokol - Roman,

Dave

Youre a Hard man Dave Big Grin

Big Grin

war3.jpg (62.3 KB, 158 downloads)

In Memory of Joe Mann
Medal of Honor Recipient
July 8, 1922 �
September 19, 1944

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,589 SS Bayonets
1,764,077 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,684 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Site Down
by Vern - 05/02/2024 11:55 PM
Latest New Posts
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by ed773 - 05/06/2024 01:38 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by Billy G. - 05/05/2024 08:49 PM
NSKK dienst dolch
by OWN - 05/05/2024 06:08 PM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 05/05/2024 05:11 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,671
Posts329,132
Members7,526
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Tanker, LotusPeddler96, Nietzsche, Dave, Vik, Miroslav, ed773, Mikee), 511 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod