Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
i knew that i had seen this ring or one just like it before.i had to go back and look through files to find it but i believe this one is a first run copy.i will try to post pics.
thanks
mark

pic

ring001.jpg (12.59 KB, 344 downloads)
pic1
you will notice on this ring the date is "1936" instead of just 36.i will convert and post the other pics i have.these pics are from the axis history factbook.
thanks
mark

G
G
* "i will convert and post the other pics i have.these pics are from the axis history factbook." *

Hi Mark, please do...Hows your famous ring doing Smile...,G.

hey g,
yeah i still have the schwarz ring.i might actually sell it someday,dont know yet?anyway,i believe these are really early copies from the same mold but different engraving.i'll let you post the others if you want.maybe we'll be able to see the similarities in the 2 rings.
thanks
mark

T
T
has anyone considered PIECL? iVE SEEN A FEW OF THEM and he made a few with wide seams..the big thing is here guys one of the runes does not have the appropriate die flaw.That is the problem.I have seen engravings that are this deep and real,I agree with craig,if he got photos of the runes perhaps he would agree with me,that this is indeed a reproduction,and not a reissue.Here is the question,how much did u pay,if the person knew what it was u know what u should have paid,if not,and it was lots less chances also are this is repro,and possibly made by piecl..Craig,wanted to say hello there,my NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES RING IS HERE FINALLY,WORTH EVERYTHING I DID TO GET IT,THANX FOR YOUR OPINIONS GUYS..SSGRANDSON

T
T
THE swastika is not clean and clear,and its kinda fat,should be very clean and sharp cornered and not fat.another reason,and that seam,geeez is it huge,more filler than anything,and that is not the usual of ottos work,very clean was his seams,this one looks like so much filler in there as it may hve just not been cut right? ssgrandson

G
G
I've seen a few Berthold Peichl postwar made rings...The ones I saw appeared to have a seam and be 2 piece but in reality was a one piece cast ring....

On seams,,, hey wow they are almost like women! Some thin and tight and some a little wide,,and some when your looking for one you just can't find. Big Grin Wink..

Gaspare is correct - many seams are virtually invisible, others visible, and still others, very sloppy (usually this is a good indication of a resized ring).

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com
N
N.W. Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for all your comments, and please keep them coming! Sorry I've been absent from my own thread for a while, I've been rather busy with guard stuff and schooling.

The man I bought this from, an old friend of mine named Nick, picked this up at a gun/millitary show back in the early 80's from an elderly lady, where she got is is still a mystery. Anway, Nick always had it on display with other german relics at displays he and I did at public reenactments. After a few years of me always playing with the thing and asking about it, he offered to sell it to me for whatever price I felt was fair because he didn't know if it was real or just a good copy (he's taken it to many a dealer who always get as bewildered as you folks about the thing.) I gave him three hundred for it and a promise to give him half of whatever it sells for if the thing turns out to be real someday. He told me to never mind with the money, "just tell me a good story" he says.

Well that's how the ring came into my possesion. Craig, I finally took some pictures of the ring close up and all, but like I said, I still have a crummy camera so this is about as good as they're going to get. Thanks again for the comments.

N
N.W. Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Say, anyome know anything about a website called ? Some of the stuff seems legit, others seem like fakes. Checkout the ring on this link

I thought potmarks on the ring were a sure sign of being cast. Maybe I'm wrong?
Your opinions

N
N.W. Offline OP
OP Offline
N
hmmmm....screwy links not showing up.....

Craig,
Did you get those pictures yet? Hope you can make clear of this whole matter from them. Thanks.

J
J
This is a very nice looking ring. The date engraving looks funny, especially the "11". Notice the bottoms of the "11 are squared off, instead of pointy. The Himmlr signature on early rings, from what I've seen, seems wider than later rings and the strokes have a beveled appearance. On the later signatures, the engraving appears thinner. On later rings, especially, the Himmler signature is thinner than the name and date. The ring looks nice but it makes me nervous.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,651 SS Bayonets
1,764,119 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,897 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS Directory Black Book
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 04:22 PM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Latest New Posts
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/07/2024 05:47 AM
Period Dies
by Gaspare - 05/07/2024 03:17 AM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by Gaspare - 05/07/2024 02:23 AM
SS Directory Black Book
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 10:44 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by Billy G. - 05/05/2024 08:49 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,672
Posts329,141
Members7,527
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dean Perdue, chevalier2022, atis, lmrobil, The_Collector, Stephen, Documentalist, polop, Don Scowen), 449 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod