Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Got that photo today on a local fleamarket just around the corner:

This seems to be a strange group, mostly older persons. A mixture of uniforms. Many are wearing metal party eagles on their caps. Some have party buckles. Some wear SA-sports badges.
Most of them have pistols.
Almost all of them, as far as the left arms can be seen, are wearing a cuff-title "NSDAP-Stellungsbau".

And a few more details:

I have never heard or seen a cuff-title like this before. The word Stellungsbau is clear, it means building trenches, fortifications, maybe obstacles too. But why NSDAP ???
Although there is no date and no inscription on that photo, I would say it is a late war photo, maybe 1944-45.

Anybody who has more infos ?

Kind regards
Robert

GDC - member # 153
B
B
ROBERT-
THERE ALSO APPEARS TO BE ANOTHER WORD AFTER STELLENGSBAU. AS THIS APPEARS TO BE A WARTIME PHOTO, POSSIBLY, AS THESE ARE OLDER MEN, THEY WERE A SECURITY GUARD AT THE LOCAL NSDAP HEADQUARTERS. THE ODD MIXTURE OF INSIGNIA AND UNIFORMS ONCE AGAIN POINTS OUT HOW MUCH NON REGULATION UNIFORM APPARELL WAS WORN BY THE POLITICAL FORMATIONS. GREAT PHOTO!

"A man needs to know his limitations" Dirty Harry
Gold Badge #263
Very interesting and super find, and many thanks for sharing!

Interesting cuff title..has anyone ever seen one in the flesh so to speak?

I have often wondered what a cufftitle in a pic i used to own said in its entirety..the last word was wache...

so..NSDAP Stellungsbau Wache

It would make sense as the gent had an SA reserve armband on, and these fellows seem to be a mix of NSDAP, SA, possibly NSKK and RAD overage personell

Odd that no one is wearing a military badge (except for 3 black wound badges I see). I'd expect at least one EK1 or EK 2 ribbon. There are a couple of short bars, but it appears none of these were reassigned returning vets. Some of them look old enough to serve in WWII, although most are more likely WWI vets.

I do see a couple of last pattern political leaders belt buckles to go with the late cap eagles, so maybe an ersatz group of blockleiters or such.

And does the guy at the end on the back have a party pin on the pocket?

Cheers,

Stephen
Gold Party Pin Website: http://pages.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB
trying some trickery at home with many photo shop and image enhancement programs, the collar tab on the SA member looks like 5/74

Stephen, good question..i am wondering if it is too big for a regular party pin in its relation to the size of the wound badge below..

S
S
Don't know if this helps but some of the tunics look like Italian army jackets, with and without black collar facings. The collar and the three button open front are the indicators.

I note a couple of the sports badges appear to be for the war disabled type

PAUL

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,259 SS Bayonets
1,764,327 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,064 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Latest New Posts
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,695
Posts329,181
Members7,531
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (Dean Perdue, Mikee, Nietzsche, wotan, Miroslav, JONATHAN, den70, Dave, Baz69, Dakms), 646 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod