Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Roland, I saw this Great looking Feld Art. Reg. Stein on E Bay # 230021637939 and would like your opinion to it's value? Thank you. Max

This one you mean? Fantastic looking stein
it will bring just short of $400.00 anything less than that will be a bargain...I collect steins from Nürnberg/Fürth so I wont bid...but
it looks very good...Prosit...your SteinMeister
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2300...tegory0%3D%26fvi%3D1

BTW...that lithopane(bottom picture) is King Ludwig II of Bavaria...the one crazy fellow who build all those wonderful castle (Neuschwanstein also known to Americans as the Disney Castle)They had his Doctor take him out in a rowboat and only the Doctor came back...that how the Bavarians deal with insane rulers...free history lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a beauty. I don't think it will go at a bargain price though!

Mark Cool Wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it!

Thanks for the history lesson Roland Cool.

Mark Big Grin

Congratulations are in order...you did good Ktiger...Roland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I received this stein yesterday. What an education, it is a magnificent specimen. The lithopane is on the bottom and the only way you can see it is to hold it up to the light when it is empty. I am extremely impressed and will probably move a little into this area of collecting. According to some price guides I have seen and read, this one went to me for a good bit under market value.

Mark Cool

Great going Mark...I am very pleased that you like it...it really was an impressive piece...the only reason I did not bid...I have about 400 of these and I am concentrating on personalized TR SS steins and the Nürnberg garrisoned "Hartmann" regiment, because my granfather served in it. The TR steins are also very nice but never as elaborate as the pre WWI steins...also if you find one with the years 1914, 15 or 16 on them...they are very very rare, because after the WWI started the Germans had other things on their minds than beersteins. Also nobody was mustered out anymore. Remember the reason they are called reservists steins is because they received that stein literally as they were mustered out. They would buy that stein right after basic when they would meet the facotory salesperson in a restaurant and he would show them what he had available for "Their" regiment. Then they would pay a small amount all the three years that they usually were required to serve. On the last day of their enlistment he would be outside the barracks with his horse and buggy and hand them their steins. When you see active troops holding their steins in pictures (not very often)they were the lucky devils who's third year was 1914 and they got to stay.
Also you very seldom see a rank higher than the equivalent of sergant...never an officer. One more quick thing...if you see a lady undressing on the bottom of the stein...that is a dead givaway that you are looking at the post WWII repro made for a GI.
Interesting are the steins made after WWII for US servicemen with the US unit and their name on it...they are very very collectable and can not mistaken for the german soldiers steins...and usually they are for high ranking officers...I have them clear up to full colonel.
Sorry to be so long and elaborate. If something really good comes up on e-bay I will post it in the beerstein forum...I looked at the "Regimental Stein" forum this morning...nothing spectacular there right now.

One more thing. I know we love our daggers, TR items, because of their great worksmanship. One advantage of beerstein...you never have to explain why you collect them...there is nothing sinister or politically incorrect about them. They have the best utility you could imagen...to drink that "Liquid bread". I know that a lot of us collect the stuff because it is politically "incorrect" and that is fun too, but very seldom will you have to explain collecting beersteins to anyone. And yet with refridgeration and bottles and cans etc. nobody uses beersteins much anymore...unless they drink draft beer. So utility is just the users choice anymore...your politically incorrect "SteinMeister"

They never killed anybody, unless is was a suicide!

Hurrmph! Unless is was in a barfight! Big Grin

I echo Roland's comments that I've never had anyone turned off by Imperial Regimental Steins. Even the wives and girlfriends like them.
Enjoy the picture!

shrunk_regimental_steins.JPG (48.06 KB, 49 downloads)
A great wonderful picture Texas...I see they are holding several different steins...but I cant make out the years of service...maybe you can tell us by looking at the picture itself...

I meant to mention it this morning...we have here the talent of a man who knows more than I do...and I will tilt my cap to Texas anytime...because if always comes through with the best pictures of Steins...so if ever any of you have any questions I am sure he will also help out...Roland.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,762 SS Bayonets
1,762,142 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,105 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 09:30 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,033
Members7,517
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (polop, derjager, wotan, Mikee, stingray, Dean Perdue, Fitzer, Vern, Eric26), 726 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod