Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
JR

Maybe they will bring some $100.00 bills
and test you!

Oh! But you might have to bring the daggers also! Big Grin

If folks are bored and have nothing more to learn, then maybe they will stop mucking up every thread.

Ok, we all hear many never will buy or trust
something!

Then get out of the high end section and back to the beanie baby section!

I know I can't afford many items.

So what!

Just go to the section you feel comfortable with!!!!

Why hang in the Viper section and raise cane
over the milage when you ride the bus!

PVON

B
B
No sense of humor in the SS section......

Ouch!

Sorry PVON - I'll try to stay out of the viper-pit that you frequent a little more often in the future . . . . Big Grin

Brad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have . . . .
Got E-mail from very senior members of this forum that told me the following:

-One guy with a big mouth in this treath, who is questioning experience of certain members and who is pretenting to be senior in the hobby is in fact a novice himself and always asks expert advice for the most simple questions.

I think that the community must know this, taking into account what has been written in this treat.

Best regards,

Herman

You never have enough HJ-knifes!
P
P
Herman,

I know that your thread is directed towards me.
Yes, I do have a big mouth and I am a novice as I've been collecting for only 6 shorts years.
If you read all my thread, I have never said that I was an experienced collector but I also don't pretend to know the divine truth, like yourself.
How many years do you need to get educated ?
Some people learn more quickly than others.
Some people are also more logical than others, which doesn't seem to be your case.
Some people are also speaking out publicly instead of bad mouthing in their back ( at least, you can't say that I'm an hypocrit ).
Though I have been collecting for only 6 years and as Ron stated, I have been to every major shows for the past 6 years. Where have you been M. Enlightment ?
I have had the priviledge to "touch" and "feel" all of these high end daggers.
Who are these seniors members ? Does senior means knowledgeable to you ? Well, you're in for a big surprise if you think that a person that has been collecting for 25 years knows all his stuff.
It's not the numbers of years that count but how much you have learned.
You could be sitting in your house for 20 years and never know what a real Himmler lokks like if you never had one in your hands.
Is that too difficult to grasp ?
I you have read the thread, you have seen that many respected dealers/collectors have said that your "perfect fake" Himmler is garbage.
Since you cannot prove anything and since your ego has taken a bit of a hit, you are now going personal.
If you want to say anything to me, do it privately or shout your mouth.
Act like a man and don't be a coward being your computer keyboard, that's too easy.

Herman, experienced or not, I can spot a fake Himmler and Rohm dagger any time.
Look at some of the past threads on Rohm daggers and you will see that I'm not that illiterate ?
I have spend 2 years just learning Himmler and Rohm inscriptions, how many years do you need to learn something ?

P
P
Herman,

By posting this thread you're also against the Rule of Conducts as you're only looking for controversies and troubles................which you will get ! Cool

Touch�, h�!

Cool

Just defending fellow members that you attacked several times about their expertise!

Best greetings,

Herman

You never have enough HJ-knifes!
G
G
This "expert" thing is really a bunch of crap. A old fellow, who was at the top of his field in an unrelated area, once told me that you are an expert in your area of expertise when you finally come to the conclusion that you don't know anything. Just so many unanswered questions????

Gailen David

G
G
Fellow Members: This character assassination on this forum has got to stop. I mean really stop. It's of no benefit at all to the forum members. The great things that this forum has done as far as helping collectors gain knowledge is being offset by the back stabbing, name calling, and childish antics of a few. I've stayed away from the forum for that reason as have many. I feel it's time for "hard ball." I think that anyone who comes on this forum and bad mouths anyone should be band! The forum was not set up to judge people but to share information.

Gailen David

I agree 100% with Gailen here.

Cheers,

Tor-Helge
P
P
quote:
Originally posted by Herr Mann:
Got E-mail from very senior members of this forum that told me the following:

-One guy with a big mouth in this treath, who is questioning experience of certain members and who is pretenting to be senior in the hobby is in fact a novice himself and always asks expert advice for the most simple questions.

I think that the community must know this, taking into account what has been written in this treat.

Best regards,

Herman

You have changed the content of your original thread.
Not too nice Herman. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by pvon:

Just go to the section you feel comfortable with!!!!

Why hang in the Viper section and raise cane
over the milage when you ride the bus!

PVON

PVON (and everyone else) - I should probably clear up my tonque-in-cheek above. My comment was not directed with malice, just simple jest. I really understand what you said, and I completely agree. I just felt what you said to be kind of personally ironic. I used to frequent the "snake pits" quite a bit myself long ago (Yes, I even tried the Viper pit once or twice myself - it just didn't get me there as quick as my preferential version of snake did!), but because of a few of Life's misfortunes, I too am now back to riding the Bus! But some day I'll be back in another "snake pit" . . . and it will still be with Cobras!

Brad

DSCN0060_(Small).JPG (41.64 KB, 244 downloads)

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have . . . .
EXPERIENCE "Experience is a wonderful thing.It enables you to recognize a mistake when you do it again".

On the back of a empty sugar packet I carry in my wallet and look at each time I make a purchase.When I first started collecting an "experienced collector" told me to pickup as many daggers as I could and learn the difference.That's why people can look at a dagger and say It's Eick, Pack etc. Cool

You know you're over the hill when "Happy Hour" means Nap Time

Brad, that is a cool car. Many years ago I had a friend with an AC Ace - the great grandfather of your ride. It was an experience to ride in it !

Meanwhile, back at the Forum, this thread is closed. Most possible opinions have been stated.

Dave

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,605 SS Bayonets
1,764,606 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,631 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
WW2 Australian (RAAF) Liberator Clockwork Movie Camera
by sturmbrigade - 05/12/2024 10:42 PM
Interesting TK ring
by equirhodont - 05/12/2024 04:45 PM
Picture of vertical hanger 48/40
by kreta1961 - 05/12/2024 02:51 PM
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Typeface/font used on SA, SS daggers.
by AfterMath - 05/07/2024 07:53 PM
Latest New Posts
Big flags! Any flags! Who has them!
by Luftbud - 05/12/2024 11:28 PM
WW2 Australian (RAAF) Liberator Clockwork Movie Camera
by sturmbrigade - 05/12/2024 10:42 PM
Picture of vertical hanger 48/40
by kreta1961 - 05/12/2024 08:58 PM
Iron Crosses!
by ed773 - 05/12/2024 08:43 PM
Interesting TK ring
by Tanker - 05/12/2024 04:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,677
Posts329,202
Members7,531
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
5 members (kreta1961, Don Scowen, ollar, Serge (aka Wagner), A. Martin), 480 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod