UBB.threads
Posted By: craig w.kahe2s Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/17/2020 10:43 PM
I was watching a You Tube video of Hitler on a visit to the ship the Robert Ley. When going on board and when departing he is wearing his normal style visor. On the ship he is wearing a Navy visor that looks to be dark blue with a gold eagle and a black chin strap. The visor is made in the same style as his normal brown visor, I've never seen this before in any film or book so thought someone on the form might know something about it.
Posted By: Vern Re: Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/18/2020 04:39 AM
Hitler aboard the Robert Ley. I think this is the one you mentioned.

Attached picture Hitler.jpg
Posted By: craig w.kahe2s Re: Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/18/2020 11:50 PM
That's the one. Like most people on this form I have more books about Hitler and the T.R. than I need, just never saw this before. Always something new in this hobby!
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/28/2020 02:15 AM
Hi I always thought this to be a DAF visor with political eagle as opposed to a Naval visor cheers
Posted By: Vern Re: Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/28/2020 03:58 AM
Definitely should have a wreath under the eagle. Even the DAF visors usually had a wreath. Some kind of political visor?
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Hitler wearing a Navy visor - 02/29/2020 02:15 AM
well it definately is NOT a naval visor shape is entirely incorrect it is unlike any politicl vior that I know of other than its resemblance to a standard DAP sans wreath. The resolution is far better in the video clip than in the posted photo cheers and best, Ryan
© Your new forums