UBB.threads
Posted By: Gottlieb Time machine chest - 11/20/2015 03:28 PM
Hi, today I have received this chest. I would call this time machine chest. This one belonged to artillery officer named Hesse. Inside there is a lot of his personal items (except documents). Gasmask canister is also named Hesse. What shall I do with this (I want to sell it for sure)? Should I sell it as a set all together or separately ? What would You do if You were me ?

Attached picture IMG_0705.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0706.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0707.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0708.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0709.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0710.JPG
Attached picture 5803662294_2.jpg
Attached picture 5803662294_6.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Time machine chest - 11/20/2015 10:13 PM
Looks like some great stuff there g! Congrats on a great find! I've had a great navy officers grouping that I tried to sell as such with no luck...it must just depend on the buyer...I guess would go through and see what each is and a fair price for each, then try for the sale as inventoried group...if it's "worth more dead than alive" i.e. Parted out, then I'd list it as a group with a price (a little lower) and then throw in the a la carte prices with it....id imagine with most collectors , and considering the items, (mostly personal/field gear) there's a guy looking for piece a but not b c d or e, etc. I'd guess the chest alone might be something someone would buy a la carte, but that's just been my observation and experience thus far in the hobby...different if it's a kc grouping with provenance and urkunde and an hr. That's a more likely group purchase. (My thoughts anyway for what it's worth) congrats again g good luck w the sale!
Mike
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Time machine chest - 11/22/2015 07:53 AM
Wow! , you just don't see groups pop up like this anymore...
For me,,I'd want to keep it for a while and learn, get enjoyment out of it...
When, and IF you decide you really have to sell it,,keep it together! , sell as a group just like you received it..
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Time machine chest - 11/24/2015 02:56 AM
I would try and keep it together, there is not much in there worth a ton by itself, and it already gives you clues on the owner to start some research.
Posted By: ETF Re: Time machine chest - 11/30/2015 02:46 PM
I would keep it as a group. Jerry brings up a good point. Consider doing research on the Major to find out what his personal and professional history are. If you can purchase and obtain his records....provenance always increases collectibility and raises the value.
Good luck.
Let us know how you do.
Ed
© Your new forums