UBB.threads
Posted By: stengaard Overseas cap with a lot of ventilation - 01/05/2010 08:00 PM
Hello Guys. What do you think about an overseas cap with that much ventilation.
Maybe the general was busy on the "Süd Front" Cool
To me it looks like 2 and 3 have been added later ? ?
Regards
Stengaard

Description: Gen side cap
Attached picture Gen_Sidec.JPG
i agree,,they have been added late but may very well be legit Eek
Posted By: Mann Re: Overseas cap with a lot of ventilation - 01/05/2010 09:32 PM
COOL HEAD..Important! I like it.
What colour is the piping?

Looks gold here..
Posted By: stengaard Re: Overseas cap with a lot of ventilation - 01/09/2010 09:11 AM
Yes gold for rank of General
That's an odd national insignia to have on a generals cap.

May we see some shots of the inside of the faux turndowns, where the braiding and the soutache are attached, as well, some pics of the enlisted man's adler on the front?

Some inside pics if you could as well..
Posted By: AussieDave Re: Overseas cap with a lot of ventilation - 01/11/2010 05:54 AM
Doug,

Eagle could be silver not white. Don't forget, generals got changed to gold cap insignia during the war. Early General's stuff does have silver insignia.

Not all Generals wore bullion insignia, although they were entitled to (bullion eagles on field caps was limited to those of field rank - major and above).

I like the look of this cap, and although the extra ventilation would probably make very little actual difference, it does look to be added for that very reason.

David!
Posted By: AussieDave Re: Overseas cap with a lot of ventilation - 01/11/2010 05:55 AM
Also, the fact that the cap still has a soutache supports the fact that it is early war.

Stengaard, I like it.

David!
Yes, it may be silver, but I would like to see some photos.
© Your new forums