UBB.threads
Posted By: Hans Anton Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 12/19/2005 06:09 PM
Someone (that i trust) offered me some kind of cloth badge with the head of an eagle on it. It is ovalish-round Army green wool, He thinks it is a ARMY Snipperīs badge or sharp shooterīs badge, where would such a contraption be worn?
thanks
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 12/19/2005 09:27 PM
To date there hasn't been a period photo of one in wear. They are rare birds..Many good repros,,get some photos up before you spend any money on it..
Worn on the right forearm I believe. , G.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 12/24/2005 04:19 AM
They are extreeemly rare, I have only seen 1 for sure real one (it wasn't for sale), and a set of 3 (they came in 3 grades) that I believe may have been real (they were for sale, as set only for a few more thousand than I had on me at the time)

I think Formans 3rd edition price guide shows them in color on the back.

It was not popular to be captured wearing one of these.
Posted By: Robert H. Re: Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 12/24/2005 04:26 PM
A smaller german auction house got one of this kinda badges (cloth) in a lot with other things offered in 2005. I assume it was a real one from the pictures, starting price 150 Euro bid price 780 Euro + 20%.
Posted By: PzRik Re: Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 02/07/2006 07:32 PM
good repro snipers badges available here:

http://www.soldat.com/JQ_abzeichen.htm

the real ones are VERY VERY RARE indeed
Posted By: RFI Re: Snipperīs cloth badge ? - 02/08/2006 09:00 PM
These are super rare! I have owbed 1 that was original and have seen 1 other of each grade for sale on the WA forum a while back. They are worth 3K to 4K depending on the grade. Once you see and feel an original you will never be foolded. The problem is finging an original to handle!
Best Wishes,
Bob
© Your new forums