UBB.threads
Posted By: PAULZAYA japanese sword-need help-ww-2 or recently made - 12/15/2007 06:53 PM
picked up this sword from a fellow yestreday.he bought it and said he needed money.i would like to know if it is a ww-2 blade.i belive all the fittings and scabbard are real.the tang is like new.here are some pictures.let me know what you think.thanks paul zaya

Attached picture DSCN000265.JPG

Attached picture DSCN000441.JPG
three

Attached picture DSCN000354.JPG

Attached picture DSCN000541.JPG
five-not a very good picture.

Attached picture DSCN000637.JPG

Attached picture DSCN000731.JPG

Attached picture DSCN000827.JPG
the number-21k 275 is stamped on the end of the tang.if this is a ww-2 blade it is really a nice one

Attached picture DSCN000923.JPG
Please take a clearer photo of the tang, it looks like it has possibilities. Thanks. Max
HELLO MAX-I HAVE BEEN TRYING BUT THESE ARE THE CLEAREST PICTURES I CAN GET.THANKS PAUL
Hi Paul.From the pictures it looks like a standard WWII Army sword.However..The tang appears to have been cut off or shortened.This was usually done to re-mount the sword in different fittings.Also from the pictures,The polish of the sword appears to be recently done.I may be off base here but it is possible you have an older blade that has been re-mounted.On the other hand,The tang does not exhibit the rust normally found on older blades.Pictures of the tang would be very helpful.I suggest an inexpensive tri-pod.This will make a big difference in photo quality.Then the experts could make a much better evaluation.Good luck! Geoff.
THANKS -I THINK I GET A TRIPOD.PAUL
© Your new forums