UBB.threads
Posted By: Geoff Ward Latest find - 01/20/2008 07:20 PM
Hello all!I just acquired two Army swords.Both appear to be made at the same facility.I am posting the tang of the first one for help with the kanji translation.I will wait to remove the handle on the second piece until later.Both pieces came from the son of the vet who brought them back.Unfortunately,there was no information on how they were obtained.any comments welcome Geoff.

Attached picture Gunto_tang.jpg
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: Latest find - 01/27/2008 11:07 AM
This blade has kanji on one side only.I am hoping for help with the translation before I remove the hilt from the companion piece.They both appear to have been made"Or assembled" at the same facility.The fittings are almost identical but the color schemes are different.one green ,one brown.any comments are welcome.I am neck deep in a house remodel at the moment but i will post some pics soon .Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: Latest find - 02/17/2008 06:19 AM
Can anyone help with a translation of the Kanji? Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Walter Re: Latest find - 02/17/2008 07:48 AM
Geoff,
You should try on Nihonto Message Board.
They have created special "Translation Assistance" chapter especially for people like us. Cool
Those guys are really top-notch - lot of Japanese Members too - and you will get the kanji translation in no time.
They translated inscriptions on my 3 swords and identified one of my swords as ... excellent Chinese fake ... Roll Eyes
© Your new forums