UBB.threads
Posted By: Eric26 Japanese Helmets from Thailand - 11/15/2016 05:09 AM

Just curious Japanese Helmets found in Thailand in the late 70s were actual Japanese pre-1945 issue or post war ? Any info is welcome.

Thanks
Posted By: Militarynut Re: Japanese Helmets from Thailand - 11/15/2016 12:59 PM
hi el26
japanese helmets are found all over that area of the world and they are still digging them up in philipines as we speak all those islands are reaping with them im all so sure there are many caves in those islands that still hase japanese treasures hidden in them. my opinion some of those caves are still booby traped ready to explode i say leave all those treasures right where they sit hope this helps you thanks for your intres andy militarynut
Posted By: Jareth Holub Re: Japanese Helmets from Thailand - 11/16/2016 04:04 AM
Japan did supply Siamese with type 90 helmets during WW2. They had standard Japanese liners & chinstraps but Siamese added either their starburst insignia or a crude 3D anchor for navy. These helmets PLUS surplus type 90's were retro fitted post war with at least two different liner systems
Posted By: Eric26 Re: Japanese Helmets from Thailand - 11/16/2016 04:42 AM

Thank you for the info, one reason I was curious is that none of the helmets Ive seen have any sizing stamp etc so was wondering if they were produced later.

Thank Again
© Your new forums