UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Not sure what this is... - 05/21/2016 04:38 PM
Or even which category to post this in! So I took the kids to a gunshow today- just awesome militaria there.... Fellow let me take a pic of this fighting knife grip- has a weird little addition... Seller said it was a Japanese fighting knife/ wartime dagger- the sword makers company emblem is this- evidently he says it's a sword maker logo or some such mascot... I thought it looked like a demon or something.... Would never guess it to be military, or at least obscure... Any ideas are greatly appreciated! (It's certainly priced like a rare fighting knife!!)

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Not sure what this is... - 05/21/2016 11:44 PM
Come on,, post a full shot of the knife!!

It looks like something I've seen at a Japanese Kabuki theater type character..

Yeah its some kind of demon or we're saying it wrong,,a Sword making type of God [?] Maybe post in the Japanese forum[?]
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Not sure what this is... - 05/22/2016 12:19 AM
Yeah I didn't snag a pic of the blade.. But it was a very basic fighting knife, sharpened, unmarked, not Bowie blade or anything fancy.... Seller said it was as u said but he thought it/he was holding a sword over his head (?) and/ or making the blade... Mods feel free to move if it will be more helpful to Japanese forum
© Your new forums