UBB.threads
Posted By: Vassago They say about this Japanese sword? - 01/23/2016 08:13 PM
Hello fellow , offered a Japanese sword where the owner ensures that belongs to the period of the Second World War , do you think?

I appreciate your comments and help.
Posted By: Marky C Re: They say about this Japanese sword? - 01/24/2016 10:36 PM
Hello,

Sorry to say, Nothing to do with WW2, probably made last week.

Regards

Mark
Posted By: Vassago They say about this Japanese sword? - 01/25/2016 03:15 PM
Marky thank you very much for your answer , thank you for your help and opinion, a cordial greeting.
Posted By: Marky C Re: They say about this Japanese sword? - 01/25/2016 09:00 PM
Hi Vassago,

Just sorry for the bad news. Apologies I should have given you some reasons why I said what I did.

Tsuka (handle) - ito (wrap) doesn't seem nicely done, Menuki look like modern castings and Fuchi/kashira all look modern.

Blade - Looks a strange shape, has no features like hada, hamon and has no all round clean lines.

Nakago (tang) - has no shape, patina, file marks

Off course, I could be wrong as I'm judging off the pictures but the Nakago does it for me.

All the best

Mark
Posted By: Militarynut Re: They say about this Japanese sword? - 01/26/2016 01:12 AM
hi vassago
just looking at this so called japanese ww2 sword . mark is right this sword has nothing to do with japanese ww2 swords sorry its a fake probly chinese made please take a good look at the boshi the tip of the sword its cut on an angle japanese boshis dont ever look like this also outh things mark has pointed out is not a good sign run from this sword best andy militarynut
© Your new forums