UBB.threads
Posted By: pvon Super nice condition Japanese swords! My regrets! - 08/20/2012 01:01 AM
Hey collectors! Ever have regrets on selling stuff and wish you had it back!

I want to show some fine condition Japanese swords I had a sold!

I really like condition and these were some beauties!

Not the kind banging around the gun show!

Easy to sell and hard to find!
PVON

Attached picture Max3-001.jpg
Attached picture Max3-010.jpg
Attached picture Max3-030.jpg
compliments on your display - every single item seems to be in pristine condition - you have a great eye !!!
Hi Paul nice swords...I know prices are up and down on Katanas but what would a nice officer's bring similar to your examples pictured in today's market? cheers and regards, Ryan rsellick@rogers.com
hi ryan

my quess is start at 2,000.00 for really nice minty! 2,500.00
pvon
Thanks Paul, I just picked one up today at a local flea market. It is in superb condition can I send you pictures? cheers, Ryan
Hey Paul,Geoff here,
rest assured at least some of them went to a good home!

Attached picture my_ladder.jpg
ladder2

Attached picture LADDER2.jpg
Hi Geoff

I know they did!

You have great taste in swords and things!

At least you were smart enough to keep them!

At least they are in a great place!
Impressive collection.
Impressive collection.
Thank you Steve Ray.They will be safe until they pass on to the next generation.Happy collecting G.
I am in SHOCK!!! I was puttering along enjoying my day off after everyone is in bed and I just happened to look at my Japanese swords that are on the Buffet.A Navy sword that I have (Third up from the bottom of the second picture)has changed from a green wrap on the handle to BROWN!!!!I know it has to be a reaction to some kind of chemical but I am still stunned!Did my wife spray some air freshener or use a carpet cleaner?!!I am sick to my stomach...The green Ito was part of the reason I bought the sword.GDit I am so Fn pissed.
That is odd. I have never known this to happen before.
Do you have a picture?
WHheeeew! my wife changed the light bulbs on the buffet lamps and over head lamps to 40 watt. Because she didn't look at the bulb type or wattage she got bulbs that have a very yellow cast to the light the next morning I took the sword outside and the color is fine.I guess I drank a six pack for nothing!Ha!
Geof

Glad everythings fine but thats funny!
You must have been drinking Cajun fire water! HA!!!!!!
On a more serious note.I know there were special purchase options for Gunto. Me,Being the current caretaker of the sword Paul was kind enough to allow me to purchase,(Third one down in the 1st foto)
It struck me with its beautiful color.I have had it for quite some time now but finally realized what the attraction was.COPPER.All fittings on this piece are made of copper.The Ito and even the paint are shades of copper! I have two questions. One, has anyone encountered gunto with all copper fittings and if so, how often. And, two, is there any spiritual significance with the Japanese people with regards to copper.

Thanks,Geoff
© Your new forums