UBB.threads
Posted By: spencer v OUT OF THE WOOD WORK JAPANESE FLARE PISTOL - 02/03/2009 08:09 PM
Hey Guys

Just picked this type 90 Japanese Flare pistol with the flares, and an ammo box out of the wood work. Let me know what you all think this is one heck of a set.

Spencer Victory

Attached picture 1.jpg

Attached picture 2_PISTOL.jpg

Attached picture 7PATNUMBER.jpg

Attached picture 9PISTOLSERIALNUMBER.jpg

Attached picture 11PISTOLBARREL.jpg

Attached picture 13FRONTOFPISTOL.jpg

Attached picture 15FLARES.jpg

Attached picture 16BOX1.jpg

Attached picture 17BOX2.jpg

Attached picture 18BOX3.jpg
Nice grouping Spencer! I'd be interested in any of the flares (one or all) if you decide to sell them. If you take better photos of kanji & label on box maybe we can I.D. what it's contents were.

Attached picture 19BOXOPEN.jpg
Turns out they only made 5500 Type 90 Flare Pistols. Can any one make out the kanji on the box. Im almost positive its a box for artillery shells. Thanks
Posted By: eicke Re: OUT OF THE WOOD WORK JAPANESE FLARE PISTOL - 02/05/2009 12:29 AM
Hello-
I had heard they were manufactured in Manchuria on captured British equipment? There is one in my neighborhood..
Let me know if I need better photos of the box, and I will post them. Thanks for all the help.

Spencer
Posted By: Rick Re: OUT OF THE WOOD WORK JAPANESE FLARE PISTOL - 03/17/2009 01:31 AM
Hello Spencer. How have you been?
Posted By: Don S Re: OUT OF THE WOOD WORK JAPANESE FLARE PISTOL - 03/28/2009 05:40 PM
Hi Spencer,

Very nice find!! I am also interested in the flares. I am looking for a red one. I have a very nice yellow one I will trade or will pay cash. Please contact me at dfsjpn@aol.com if interested. Thank you, Don
Don, I purchased Spencer's flares. Email me if your interested in a trade for your yellow cartridge . jholub002@nyc.rr.com
© Your new forums