UBB.threads
Hello members I wonder if there is a way to honor the memory of Paul by renaming this forum in his name? Paul was posting up until recently due to on going health issues. This was his personal attempt at breathing some new life into GDC and an attempt to return to some of it's former glory. This would be a fitting tribute. In memoriam, Ryan
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Paul VonDrak's forum..In memoriam - 10/10/2022 06:28 PM
- It would be up to Vern... I'd think Paul would love it!
'
,,I'm in,,, how about 'PVONs Collectors Corner' ? ,,, OR,,,'VonDraks Collectors Corner'? ,,, or,,,,
sounds great Gaspare a fitting tribute to a great guy...who was active and posting and contributing til the unexpected end......
Posted By: Dave Re: Paul VonDrak's forum..In memoriam - 10/10/2022 09:42 PM
Great idea, Ryan,

... but we've tried that before and the forum in question gathers some kudos but then withers.

The reason, I think, is that the original title makes some sense, but the memorial forum name doesn't resonate with many people. As time passes, resonates even less.

Dave
Respectfully I think Gaspare's suggestion is perfect PVon's Collectors corner it maintains the integrity and consistancy of the original forum while still honoring the founder and moderator. I don't see how placing PVON ahead of Collectors corner can or will have any negative impact on posting or contributions beyond that which already exits.....the older members will respect it and remember Paul. Even if one new member asks who PVON refers to than its served its purpose......... cheers, Ryan
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Paul VonDrak's forum..In memoriam - 11/22/2022 06:20 PM
Ryan,, in another few years they'll be asking who the hell any of us were. . He's memorialized in the other forum that'll have to do..

- So now its just your name here!.. Paul was ok but put up to much different stuff at a time and little information etc.

You could take something like a visor cap eagle and make a article out of it. Ask of other variants etc. List material and measurements, what else used on etc.....

Thats what the new guys are looking for anyway it seems.
It can be of any subject here so its much easier., and even Allied or Axis. - So Start practicing photos with your phone!! wink
© Your new forums