UBB.threads
Posted By: Andy Mraz John Ginader Passing - 07/15/2010 05:15 PM
Posted on John Ginader's website, Time Traveler by his son.

Note to all our Friends and Fellow Collectors that my father (Johnny) passed away on Wednesday June 30th in Charlotte, NC.

John is survived by his two sons, David and James; grandson, Odin; daughter-in-law, Sung; and ex-wife, MaryAnn.

John was born June 1 1943, in Scranton, PA, to Arthur and Irene Ginader. He graduated from West Scranton High School and later served in the U.S. Army as a cryptographer in the 1960s. After his discharge, he was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency as a communications officer for 30+ years. During which time, he traveled and worked in various countries. In 1998, he retired from the Agency and started a historic militaria antiquities business.

John was an avid historian and collector of militaria. He loved to hunt for military relics and share stories with his fellow collectors.

The memorial service will take place at Arlington National Cemetery on Monday August 9th.
I will miss him very much... Thank you, Dave Ginader

Attached picture jg.jpg
Posted By: JohnZ Re: John Ginader Passing - 07/15/2010 09:25 PM
Over the years, I have found a couple of very nice items on Johnny's site. He was always a pleasure to deal with.

We will all miss him. I know that I will.

John
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: John Ginader Passing - 07/16/2010 05:04 AM
I bought a few swords from him in the past and thought he was a good guy to deal with and he will be missed.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: John Ginader Passing - 07/28/2010 03:04 PM
wow, sorry to hear. It was always nice to see him "down the row" at the SoS
My thoughts & prayers are with the family.
Posted By: Billy G. Re: John Ginader Passing - 08/08/2010 08:08 PM
I also purchased a few nice items from Johnny & am sorry to hear of his passing. Best wishes & prayers to his family, RIP.

PS, did anyone else see, his grandson "Odin"? Wow.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: John Ginader Passing - 08/09/2010 04:31 AM
Johnny was a good man..one of the old breed..
Posted By: J.R.Scott Re: John Ginader Passing - 11/22/2017 03:43 AM
R.I.P.
© Your new forums