UBB.threads
Posted By: Mikee German Presentation Sword - 06/13/2005 09:52 PM
Not as elaborate as most swords but still quite nice and interesting. The early F. Horster Solingen mark are on both sides of the blade. One running length wise and the other across the blade ricasso. Are the two gold buttons on the langet a representation of rank? Thanks for looking.

Attached picture My-German-1882-Infantry-Of3.jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: German Presentation Sword - 06/13/2005 09:54 PM

Attached picture My-German-1882-Infantry-Off.jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/13/2006 03:29 AM
Thanks in advance,

Would anyone know where I can buy a hanger for this "no ring" type scabbard?
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/13/2006 03:32 PM
IMO the original insignia-perhaps the Solingen city seal has been lost and these carpet type tacks have been placed in the mounting holes. Notice how they overlap the langet. JMO--but still a great sword. Hangers for this type sword, also used on degens and hirschfangers are very difficult to find.
Posted By: Mikee Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/13/2006 04:27 PM
Thanks again Houston,

Makes sense. What a shame if it was the Solingen city seal. Nice decorative gold buttons though.
I'm not 100% sure of the type of hangers I need. I believe I have seen a few come up for sell. Expensive thats for sure. Any pictures?
Posted By: Baz69 Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/13/2006 06:55 PM
Mikee, I think it's something like this hanger.

Gary

Attached picture Leather_hanger_005_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/13/2006 11:59 PM
Right-or it could have been a narrow leather V frog or even a bullion one. I have seen both-but extremely rare.
Posted By: Mikee Re: German Presentation Sword - 01/14/2006 05:22 AM
Gary, Houston,

I guess this type hanger would have to hold the scabbard button pretty tight in order for it not to slip out. Thanks for the help.
© Your new forums