UBB.threads
Posted By: Jonny Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 11:43 AM
It seems that I need to have your oppinion on these two swords also,its Eickhorn 35-41 trademark on them...

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 11:44 AM

Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 11:44 AM

Attached picture 3.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 11:45 AM

Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 12:37 PM
More pictures of lion head.
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:13 PM
Sending you some moore pics Damast,,I pay`d 1800 USD for this so I hope its worth it?

Attached picture 5.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:14 PM

Attached picture 6.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:14 PM

Attached picture 7.jpg
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:15 PM

Attached picture 8.jpg
Posted By: Joe S Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:20 PM
You have two of the Field Marshall series swords, which are army officer's sabers. The one on the left is the Blucher and the one on the right is the Scharnhorst. Both are fairly common but very nice swords which appear to be in excellent condition. The Blucher appearst to be a shooting prize. Thanks for sharing.Joe S
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 02:32 PM
Thank you Joe,Im happy with these swords,I think maybe 1800 USD is to much to pay,but its as you write a shooting prize, and I think derfor some moore value? and the sword is in very nice condition..regards,Jonny
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 03:07 PM
If these swords are coming from the same person I would stay away... there are red flags here...
Posted By: Jonny Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 05:17 PM
The Scharhorst is comming from a privat person in Norway and Blucher from a guy in Sweden,I really have a good feeling for the autensity,but ofcourse I can have wrong too,thank you Damast for your oppinion.
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 05:37 PM
Things should work out then. Regards:
Posted By: lar Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 09:37 PM
Damast, What are the red flags you see on these swords?
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/24/2009 11:44 PM
It seems the base metal to the swords are brass yet the grip wire is late war alum... O.K. maybe they mixed and matched.. Joe S. would have a better Idea as he collects just Eickhorn swords..Or maybe the swords are alum base and that would explain these things.. . I just do not like the workmanship of the castings air pockets etc.. I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous or anything like that..
Posted By: wotan Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/25/2009 06:10 PM
Brass hilt fittings and aluminium wire for sure are no red flags concerning EICKHORN sabres. I have seen this configuration on a lot of doubtless period sabres from different souces even from the former period wearer and I myself do own eg. a doubtless period LÜTZOW (also from the period wearer) with this certain configuration.
An in hand inspection by an experienced collector would be good but personally I cannot see any screaming red flags. In contrary I think I am able to see certain features (like the certain finish and hand enhancing) in these pics that are typically for period items.
Those faked cast copies due to my personal experiences do have another finish and appearance. But the fakers for sure also improve...
Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/26/2009 04:28 AM
Periodically the aluminum grip wiring is found on brass hilted examples. Like Wotan said, more often than not the configurations are Eickhorn examples. I believe I have some examples in my collectoin but need to check. There is nothing wrong with either sabers authenticity. I don't see any post war embellishments with regards to the sabers integrity. As far as the personalization on the reverse langet... I can't speak to that. In relation to price...on the high side..based on the totality of factors for these Eickhorn examples. Although condition appears quite good, and assuming the personalization is one the spot, I still feel the price is too high. Over the alst couple months i've been picking up some rare, minty conditoned examples for less than $400 each. I'm somewhat of a bargain hunter, but will say with absolute certainty these prices could not have been had 12 months ago.

t
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/27/2009 06:38 PM
I have a question, Have any of the members ever seen a postwar Eickhorn blade with the (Stamped) holding sword trademark (the period trademark used on the above swords??) Not saying there postwar.... This is Just a question... Regards: James
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/27/2009 09:09 PM
While first hand observations are best. From the images for the swords themselves, they appear to be in exceptionally nice condition, and I don’t see anything that is obviously out of place. Also keeping in mind that most of the basic components were produced in volume using the technology of the day. So that some very slight imperfections are to be expected, although much less commonly seen with swords that received special attention during their manufacture.

As for the ‘market’ currently, it seems to be (as they say) “in a state of flux”. Certainly it is different that it was a year or two ago, and six months or a year from now - who knows?? But the question you have to ask yourself is this: a) A year from now would you be happier having the sword(s) knowing you overpaid? b) Or happier at a lesser price, with the understanding that someone else may very well be the new owner? FP
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/28/2009 03:58 AM
I think there is a misunderstanding. I'm not talking the above swords anymore just this (have any members ever seen a postwar stamped eickhorn holding sword trademark???) I should have made a new topic for the previous post.
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/28/2009 07:51 PM
Hi James-
Are you referring to a facotry Eickhorn manufactured saber blade, post 1945 with the specific MM stamping? Or are you referring to a post war blade, embellished by someone after the fact with the Eickhorn stamping? With regards to either of the above scenarious, no, I have not.
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Two Eickhorn swords. - 03/30/2009 08:32 PM
you referring to a post war blade, embellished by someone after the fact with the Eickhorn stamping? With regards to either of the above scenarious, no, I have not.

Yes, Thanks for the answer I would like to here from more sword forum experts on this question...
Regards: James
© Your new forums