UBB.threads
Posted By: DAMAST Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 03:12 AM
Here is another China navy sword with issue numbers (The same!!! as on a earlier post) Being sold by a e-bay bottom feeder... Mad I wounder how many swords have the same numbers.... Item:
Jim, This is just a little too weird for my taste Eek Eek . Same sword, same number, but with the second example, the "3" on the scabbard is more deeply struck. And there is a period behind the "O" on the folding guard.

Both obviously fakes, from I'm not sure where or when. But if the guy with the second one is telling the truth. They could be from an old batch 30 years ago(?).

CAVEAT EMPTOR !!!!

Best Regards, Fred
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 02:42 PM
I have had run ins with him on e-bay and have blocked him from bidding.. This is not a old collection.. He buys most of his inventory on e-bay.. He has been selling this (old collection)that he bought through e-bay for awhile!! This is a modern sword and can still be bought .
He is selling a story... Regards: James
Posted By: Ed Sunday Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 05:18 PM
I also have seen these same swords appearing at the SOS, OVMS, and MAX shows. Definitely not old !
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 09:29 PM
He's a member of some of the forums....and if i'm not mistaken, is or was a member here.

Pure rubbish. Still, for rubbish, they don't look bad. I'm certain they'll fool quite a fair number of casual collectors.

The info should be passed along to expose this garbage and hopefully mitigate the influx and sale of this junk.
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 10:04 PM
Another quick point- note the seller uses the word "old" as opposed to WW2 era, etc. In the event he's called out for peddling this item, he'll retort with "It's not misrepresentation. I never said it was WW2 era, I just said it was OLD". Sneaky.
Posted By: Polizist Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/02/2009 11:27 PM
alot of his description is crafted to ensure deniability.

-Define "OLD" ... milk left in the fridge a few weeks can be considered old, so can the Holy Grail Cool

-"none of these items are of "RECENT" issue. All haven't been used for service within the past twenty to eighty years" OK, maybe this is an attempt to define "OLD" for the purposes of this auction ... 20 years old.

Read some of this guy's negatives. Just a great glimpse into the kind of character he is Roll Eyes
Gentlemen, Thanks for the "heads up"!! Smile

Armed with that information I went back for another look. And found this "beauty": Item #: 200326039532 ("Knights Cross Winner Prussian German Dress Sword WW1").

Getting burned by this guy could bring a beginning collector's interest to a screeching halt. Red Face And doesn't help the honest collectors and dealers out there who are trying to do the right thing either. FP
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/05/2009 10:19 PM
Well the sword is up over the $400.00 mark... This is really sad... Frown He is quite the bottom feeder. Mad
Posted By: DAMAST Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/06/2009 12:03 AM
Roll Eyes
Posted By: elabs Re: Another new china navy sword on e-bay - 04/07/2009 04:09 PM
FrownI just buyed two fake Hunting Daggers from ebay.

Came from germany.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330309896181

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330310862691 Frown
© Your new forums