UBB.threads
Posted By: ORPO Mini Wurttemberg Sword - 11/15/2022 04:26 PM
Gents,

I picked up a very nice Wurttemberg miniature sword at a local military show last month that I thought I would show. If you can't find a full size sword this is the next best buy at a show.

The mini Prussian Infantry Officer Degen (IOD) can often be found but this is an example of the similar Wurttemberg Infantry Officer Sword. This IOD sword has a nickeled straight blade that is typical of the genre of these period German miniatures. There is a red felt washer between the hilt and the blade as is also common. The gilt brass hilt is the same as the Prussian IOD but it has no grip insignia and the insignia on the guard is the Wurttemberg crest rather than the Prussian eagle. The sword came with the attached mini sword knot (Portepee). The straight nickel plated steel scabbard has two embossed suspension bands with two round rings attached. The back of the scabbard is plain with embossed suspension bands. The front of the scabbard has embossed foliage designs as well as suspension bands.

I was happy to find this mini sword at a very reasonable price.

Attached picture Mini Wurtt sword.JPG
Attached picture Mini Wurtt sword scab.JPG
Attached picture Mini Wurtt sword hilt.JPG
Attached picture Mini Wurtt sword guard.JPG
Attached picture Mini Wurtt sword close.JPG
Posted By: Dave Re: Mini Wurttemberg Sword - 11/15/2022 10:51 PM
ORPO,

What is the length of the sword ?

Good catch. I've seldom seen mini swords at shows. Daggers yes, but swords, no.

Dave
Posted By: ORPO Re: Mini Wurttemberg Sword - 11/17/2022 03:17 PM
Thanks for the kudos Dave. The sword is 10" overall which is typical for this style of mini. The blade is micro-marked "Germany" at the ricosso as are most of them as these generic blades were made for German miniatures sold in Germany as well as US sword minis sold in America.
Posted By: Vern Re: Mini Wurttemberg Sword - 11/17/2022 06:42 PM
That is one sweet mini wink
© Your new forums