UBB.threads
Posted By: wschmidt Paul Weyersberg Polizei Sword - Opinion - 05/08/2021 06:10 PM
Hello Guys,
One friend sent these pictures of a Polizei Sword. I never have one of this type in my hands.
Is it a good item?
The scarbard appears to have been repainted.
Regards,
Schmidt

Attached picture Espada Pol 16.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 18.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 1.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 2.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 3.jpg
Posted By: wschmidt Re: Paul Weyersberg Polizei Sword - Opinion - 05/08/2021 06:11 PM
More pictures:

Attached picture Espada Pol 4.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 7.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 5.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 6.jpg
Attached picture Espada Pol 8.jpg
Hello,
Not sure the sword belongs with the scabbard ... the scabbard was heavily pitted / corroded, there even is a hole on it ...2 screws missing at the lower part but that's the least of its problems...
Looks original but in bad condition and definitively not one i would like in my collection ... If you considered buying, save your money, you'll be much happier spending a extra 100s for a good conditioned one ...
Regards

K
Posted By: ORPO Re: Paul Weyersberg Polizei Sword - Opinion - 05/09/2021 01:34 PM
As Kurt says, it is in very poor condition and has been fiddled with. Not for my collection either.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Paul Weyersberg Polizei Sword - Opinion - 05/10/2021 01:51 PM
Looking at that scabbard it looks like the daggers/blades that came up from the ground..

- Sword doesn't look like its from the ground... But the fittings and hole thru the scabbard looks just like the ones I've seen come up from the ground....
Posted By: FSMC Re: Paul Weyersberg Polizei Sword - Opinion - 05/14/2021 05:56 PM
As Gaspare said it looks like it was ground dug or at the very least in a wet basement. Somebody took a wire wheel to it and in my opinion replaced the grip. I would think it would have been worth more if they had just left it in it's original dug state.
© Your new forums