UBB.threads
Posted By: Patrick69 My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 09/30/2016 09:33 PM
My Prinz Eugen is finally here...overall, its a nice sword, finish is so-so but not bad. Blade is great and marked with the 35-41 Eickhorn mark. My only question is, there is no "Ges.Geshutz"(sp?) stamped on the bottom of the langet, does this happen? I was under the impression all Eickhorn field Marshall swords had this stamping, please school me. I have an Army knot coming from Mr. Wittmann (Green strapping, triple row, black stuffing in ball)...what do you guys think?

Attached picture PE#1.jpg
Attached picture PE#2.jpg
Attached picture PE#3.jpg
Posted By: Dow Cross Re: My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 09/30/2016 10:47 PM
I think you have an original Prinz Eugen without the Ges. Geshutz mark.
Posted By: wotan Re: My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 10/01/2016 01:57 AM
Hello Patrick69, what I can see in the pics looks like a nice, original Prinz Eugen saber of the Feldherrn-Serie (= field-commander-series; NOT field-marshall series).
It is not very common to see so much "gilding" on a PE saber as the "gilding" is very fragile. Congratulations.
Up to now I have never seen a PE with the "Ges.Gesch." or the "D.R.P." stamping (both did occur on certain field-commander-series sabers). This stamping were only on some sabers of the serie. E.g. "Lützow also is not known for any stamping. Although these two models for sure have been exclusively produced by EICKHORN.
E.g. "Blücher", "Wrangel" are known for it´s "D.R.P." stamping, "von Stein" was "Ges.Gesch." marked.
If you want to know more about the "field-commander-series", there is a comprehensive chapter in Siegert´s "Die Blankwaffen des Deutschen Heeres" written by a collector "ostmaerker". Up to now, as far as I know, this book is only available in German language.
Regards,
Posted By: Ritterkreuz Re: My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 10/01/2016 06:48 AM
My Zieten is marked with D.R.P., Eickhorn Wrangel Lion Nr 1693 GES GESCH., both of my early and mid Eickhorn Wrangel Dove Nr 1693 with the eagles facing both directions are GES GESCH., and my Eickhorn Scharnhorst Lion Nr 1706 is D.R.P.
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 10/03/2016 03:02 PM
Thanks Wotan and Ritterkreuz..I was not too sure on the Ges.Gesch/DRP stampings on these things, I'm schooled now.

Really nice Wrangles there Ritterkreuz, if you ever want to se11 that early one, I'm your guy... wink

Thanks again guys
Posted By: Ritterkreuz Re: My New Prinz Eugen Sword - 10/03/2016 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Patrick69
Thanks Wotan and Ritterkreuz..I was not too sure on the Ges.Gesch/DRP stampings on these things, I'm schooled now.

Really nice Wrangles there Ritterkreuz, if you ever want to se11 that early one, I'm your guy... wink

Thanks again guys

Your welcome Patrick. I love all of my swords and really like the early Wrangle with the eagle facing the opposite direction. This sword is also marked with the double oval Eich.
© Your new forums