UBB.threads
Posted By: Patrick69 My beginning collection....... - 09/15/2016 03:23 PM
I'm just starting out so be gentle with me smile My first sword is an early Luftwaffe sword, really nice condition, by Paul Weyersburg. My second is a Weimar/Third Reich Naval sword that is depot marked O.987(sword/scabbard), no maker mark but has several Weimar eagle stamps. The condition on the naval sword is so-so but it was a decent deal I thought....here a couple of pics

Attached picture Luft#1.jpg
Attached picture Luft#2.jpg
Attached picture Naval#1.jpg
Posted By: Ritterkreuz Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/15/2016 05:55 PM
That is a nice start. Welcome to the fellow addicts club.
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/15/2016 06:50 PM
Thanks Ritterkreuz....you aren't kidding about it being an addiction! smile
Posted By: mrfabulous Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/16/2016 11:31 PM
it`s an addiction for sure. Nice start.
You gonna go to the MAX show? Good place to see and learn.
I usually score a couple dandies!
Posted By: Tristan Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/17/2016 06:04 PM
Welcome from another sword collector!
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/19/2016 03:18 PM
thanks Tristan!

mrfabulous....unfortunately no, I cant make it to the MAX this year...I have a cruise coming up so I had to make a choice...Cabo or Pittsburgh?....real tough choice smile Going to try next year though.
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: My beginning collection....... - 09/19/2016 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum, this a very good start. smile smile Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing whatever else you might find. Best Regards, Fred
Posted By: Kurt_Menliff Re: My beginning collection....... - 11/28/2016 02:42 PM
Good afternoon

Congratulations, these are 02 fine swords !!!

Early Luftwaffe are much better IMO, aluminium models really looks like cheap toys ...

Regards

K.
Posted By: Redsled Re: My beginning collection....... - 11/28/2016 10:46 PM
Very Nice looking Swords smile
Bob
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: My beginning collection....... - 11/29/2016 01:19 AM
thanks Fred, Herr Zedem, and Bob.....I think I kind of prefer the swords, you get a lot more bang for the buck in my opinion. The hunt goes on!!

Herr Zedem, I know what exactly what you mean about the early Luft swords..there is nothing like uncleaned silver with the brass/gilted crosses peaking out.

Patrick
© Your new forums