UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike Balazic Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:54 PM
This appears to be an Imperial NCO I guess. The sharkskin grip is rather odd to me. I'm not to familiar with these swords. The WKC knightshead and crown indicate it is Imperial though. Any thoughts on branch or value?

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_1.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:55 PM

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_2.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:55 PM

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_3.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:56 PM

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_4.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:57 PM

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_5.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 04:57 PM

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_6.JPG
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 05:00 PM

I thought it unusual for the quillback on the blade also. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of these early swords. Confused
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 05:01 PM

I guess I should have enclosed the pic of the quillback. Duuuuuuuuuuuh!

Attached picture Bill's_Dove_6A.JPG
Posted By: ORPO Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 05:11 PM
Mike,

What does the scabbard look like? The scabbard configuration makes a difference on identifying Imperial swords. The blade is not personalized with someone's name. The "Eisenhauer" word is a quality marking meaning that the steel blade is warranted to cut iron.
Posted By: Mike Balazic Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 07:05 PM
I didn't have enough room on this disk to take any pictures of the scabbard when I was at my buddies shop. I have several others of a panther head Third Reich and another Imperial without a scabbard. I did notice that there were no door dings. The scabbard was black with a single ring and drag looked like most that I have seen. Is the Eisenhauer quality mark pretty common?
Posted By: ORPO Re: Personalized Etched Dovehead - 03/17/2008 07:56 PM
The Eisenhauer marking is fairly common. Swords imported to English speaking countries often had "Iron Proof" markings which had roughly the same meaning. If the scabbard is a standard black painted steel scabbard with one ring it is post 1909 and could be any number of things. Probably a Cavalry or Artillery sword but not Fusilier as they had leather scabbards.
© Your new forums