UBB.threads
Posted By: Tony Sword Book? - 12/21/2006 04:01 AM
A while back there was talk about a new book on German Swords that was in the works. It was to be a better reference than anything that is available now.

What happened with that? Did it ever get published and if so where can I get a copy?

Thanks!

Tony
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sword Book? - 12/23/2006 10:23 PM
Tom Johnson has a new set of sword books out.
Posted By: lar Re: Sword Book? - 12/23/2006 11:17 PM
Hi Tony, Dale is right. Johnson has the books out now. There on his web site and are divided into three different books. One for army , another for luft,Kreigmarine, ss, and SA, and the third for the other models.
Hope their good. The Angolia book is ok, but maybe better refrence materials will bring more interest to the sword collecting.
Posted By: mrfabulous Re: Sword Book? - 12/24/2006 10:55 AM
Ace is putting that book out. We need to light a fire under his ass. Big Grin
Posted By: Swordfish Re: Sword Book? - 12/24/2006 05:43 PM
Sword collecting it seems has come into to its own to one degree or another. I have watched prices incrementally climb over the last 5 yeras. It always surprised me that the collectors emphasis is on daggers, almost exclusively. Sabers took more work, and IMHO are more attractive as well as seeped in more military tradition than are the daggers. I havn't looked through any of Johnson's new ref books so I cannot speak to them. I would really like to see a nice thorough book on TR era sabers.

TC
Posted By: Tony Re: Sword Book? - 12/27/2006 04:14 AM
Ace's book might be the one that was discussed here a while ago. I have just about everything that Johnson, Wittmann, Stephens, Angolia and others have put out about edged weapons. Always looking to add to the library.

Thanks,

Tony
© Your new forums