UBB.threads
Posted By: Mauser98 G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/11/2006 09:35 PM
I am the owner of a� Hirschf�nger stamped "Rivus Solingen"
I got it many years ago from a� friend who told me he got it from a� person named Mr. Oskar Hanke.
Mr. Oskar Hanke was the nephew of Mr. Karl Hanke who was the Gauleiter of Breslau in World War II.
Mr. Karl Hanke got it as a present from Mr. Hermann G�ring � that should be the story about this Hirsf�nger my friend was told!
The blade is Rosendamast with golden inscription:

� Wer nicht hat Freud am Blanken Schwert/

Am Falkenflug/ am stolzen Pferd/ am sch�nen Weib/Der Hat kein richtig Herz im Leib�

My question is: Does somebody know anything or have records about this Hirschf�nger, other story, how many has been produced, is it a Fake, value etc.

Close ups on: www.mauser98.dk/hirschfaenger.htm

KEJ

Description: Hirschfaenger
Attached picture hirschfaeng002.JPG
Posted By: Hubertus Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/11/2006 10:23 PM
KEJ,
You might want to contact MILITARIA RESEARCH SERVICES ...Email: [email protected]

ROBERT McDIVITT can probably do the research
you are looking for with all the name information you seem to have.
Sincerely,
HUBERTUS
P.S. He runs an ad with this forum
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/11/2006 11:15 PM
My first impression( the photos are not very good or close) is that it is a fake/parts. It does not conform to the characteristics of known originals of the period and the "maker" is one I have never seen or heard of.
Posted By: Mauser98 Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/13/2006 09:43 PM
Hi' Houston Coates
I am very sorry the Picture is bad � but have you visited www.mauser98.dk/hirschfaenger.htm ? - There are better close ups- I hope! - I can�t do better close ups now because the Hirschfaenger, for the moment, is on a very well known auction house here in Europe � you still think it is a Fake?

KEJ
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/13/2006 10:18 PM
Yes--I'm sorry I believe it is a fake.
Posted By: Hubertus Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/14/2006 03:26 AM
ALL OF THESE DAGGERS ARE POST WAR�read HOUSTONS BOOK ON THEM��They are usually great to look at. Condition you strive to find in pre-war daggers�5 of the 7 pictured here came from auctions in EUROPE and US. If you are a purest don�t even pick one up. They are a time machine that may never happen. I collected Winchester Rifles in the 60�s and whenever they came out with the reproductions I bought an Alaskan 30 30 for about 175.00. Cherry�s has them listed for $1,150.00 on their web page now. I had sold mine years ago for $500.00. There is no yardstick for profit in collecting. Get your feet wet and gather up what your heart and pocket book can stand and enjoy collecting something.

There is a good lesson here for everyone that likes to collect daggers. Take a close look.

Sincerely,
HUBERTUS

Attached picture 5.13.3.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/14/2006 03:28 AM
PHOTOGRAPH #2

Attached picture 5.13.4.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/14/2006 03:31 AM
PHOTOGRAPH #3
The blades are the real eyecatchers.

Sincerely,
HUBERTUS

Attached picture 5.13.5.jpg
Posted By: B�rse Re: G�ring Hirschfaenger? - 05/14/2006 10:39 AM
I bought a repro (similar to the ones being discussed) in Germany about 3 years ago. Houston set me straight.

Thanks.

© Your new forums