UBB.threads
Posted By: riot609 can some one tell me what this is? - 05/09/2008 02:54 AM
i found a dagger in a house that was getting burned down it has a seal on the blade e. & f. horster solengen one side of the blade has a pictuer of 2 bucks and the other side has a picture of what looks like a dog its aboute a 8 inch blade i was having some trouble getting the pictures up here but i can email them if you want to see the dagger.i alos put hte pics up on this page.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563355501qwolYw
Posted By: wotan Re: can some one tell me what this is? - 05/19/2008 06:56 PM
What I can see in the pics it is a miniature of a hunting dagger. Generally this kind of a period miniature is well known. Due to my personal observations currently the collectors market is overflooded with fakes of this certain dagger model, produced in Solingen (or at least I saw all parts of this certain dagger fixed to a cardboard with a Solingen logo). Due to the certain finish and colors of the dagger shown here I have serious doubts it is a period example.
Regards,
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: can some one tell me what this is? - 05/19/2008 10:49 PM
Parts at best. No frog stud is conclusive that it is not period--never finished.
Posted By: Denny Gaither Re: can some one tell me what this is? - 05/20/2008 02:38 AM
These were imported into the U.S. in the late 1960's by a company named Globe Militaria, and sold for $15.00 at the time.
© Your new forums