UBB.threads
Posted By: Hubertus 2 Help With Two Daggers - 02/28/2019 04:27 PM
Hello Everyone,
These two hunting daggers were sent to me by a an 80 year old retired American veteran living in Germany since the end of WWII. He wants me to sell them for him and has visions of grandeur. Soon as I saw the swastika on the clam shell my heart sank for him. I know that most of these are made up post war pieces, but I told him I would run it by you guys to make sure. Un-like others I have seen these show a lot of heavy use. At first I said to myself that someone took two old well used daggers and changed clam shells, but the clam shell have just as much use and a swap does not seem to be the answer. Where all swastika cast clam shells fake? ?We? would welcome your input as to their value.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Help With Two Daggers - 02/28/2019 06:01 PM
Both are post war fantasy pieces and hold little value in my mind because they are made to fool the collecting fraternity.

Gary
Posted By: wotan Re: Help With Two Daggers - 03/01/2019 11:56 PM
Baz69 has already said it, both are typical fantasy pieces. It is not only the clamshell but ALL parts of the daggers, the whole grips, the etching, the scabbard fittings, all cry "postwar fantasy!!!".
Regards,
Posted By: Mikee Re: Help With Two Daggers - 03/02/2019 01:47 AM
I agree, all of it.
© Your new forums