UBB.threads
Posted By: Devil's Metal New Guy - Carl E - etched is this fake ? - 03/03/2018 03:01 PM
I am just a newbie and done many hours of reading etc on these. I am starting my collection and asking the community their thoughts on this image. I believe C.E were typically not etched although some were. Wonder if you feel this is a legitimate makers mark, thanks in advance.

Also did a "Arthur Dinger" ever make hunting daggers ?

Attached picture knife check.jpg
Attached picture test knife 2.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: New Guy - Carl E - etched is this fake ? - 03/03/2018 05:52 PM
Hello, Devil's Metal, first let me welcome you to the forum.
I am not THE hunting dagger expert but due to the VERY bad etched trademark, the fact that the mm is etched and not stamped and the overall bad execution of the parts (at least what we can see) there is no way for me that this is a pre 45 dagger.
Sorry that I have no knowledge concerning Dinger and hunting daggers but I can well imagine that he has done also damascus blades for hunting daggers on order.
Regards,
The other I bought from same guy with similar markings.

Attached picture otw knife2.jpg
Attached picture otw knife.jpg
Attached picture otw 3.jpg
Posted By: Baz69 Re: New Guy - Carl E - etched is this fake ? - 03/04/2018 08:25 PM
Both are post war fakes and bad one's at that, stay away froim anything with an etched mark on hunting/Forestry or Shooting association hirschfangers.

Gary
Ok thanks , lost $300 on this one I guess. Serves me right trying a new hobby without years of reading firstly I guess. Seems today everything is fake which is really sad, as I was into coins but, that's another scary game. I will hang it on wall as a reminder not to do it again. Thank you for your time.
© Your new forums