UBB.threads
Posted By: colt F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/01/2016 01:20 PM
I own a F. Dula Hirschfanger with the following inscription: Revierjager Wiesen 3.8.1939 Waidmann Dank Scherping Oberstjagmeister . Ulrich Scherping was a Oberstjagmeister at that time as well as a SS-BRigadefuhrer. Nr.:186, NSDAP Nr.:2628412, SS Nr.:277286. The inscription is in block letters on the blade. Scherping created with Goring the Landesforst-verwaltung (State Forest Administration) in Prussia. He was promoted to Oberstjagmeister. He later was promoted to Landesjagermeister and chief of staff of Goring in Forest and hunter Associations. Born: 12.7.1889. Died: 5.11.1958. The knife is in excellent in unsharpened condition and the scabbard in black unmarked leather. I will try to get some help to post pictures. I believe this was presented to Scherping by Goring or Walter Frevert.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/01/2016 05:41 PM
Colt
If you would send the pictures to me I would be happy to post them for you. As an owner of a few F Dula's I cannot wait to see pictures of your piece.

Gary

saufaengerkid@ntlworld.com
Posted By: Billy G. Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/02/2016 02:11 AM
It takes a lot to get Gary excited like that, wow! I'm looking forward to seeing it too.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/03/2016 07:43 PM
Posting pictures for Colt.
Gary

Attached picture IMG_3008.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3009.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3010.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3011.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3012.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3013.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3014.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3015.JPG
Posted By: Paul Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/03/2016 08:00 PM
Very interesting item !!From these pics it seems the skinning knife portion of the scabbard has been removed?
Paul
Posted By: wotan Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/04/2016 07:35 PM
I am sorry to rain on someoneīs parade, but what I can see in these pics (which arenīt the best in detail) it looks to me like a non period inscription done by a person which is unexperienced in the german language which is typically for inscription fakes.
Just my opinion due to what I see.
The hewer itself looks to be a period one with a removed skinning knife pocket.
Regards,
Posted By: Baz69 Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/09/2016 12:04 PM
Wotan
Can you tell us what is wrong with the inscription?.

gary
Posted By: wotan Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/10/2016 01:03 PM
Hello Baz69, pm sent.
Regards,
Posted By: jager Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/10/2016 06:02 PM
Wotan, Is it a secret that only Gary should know? Be nice if the rest of us understood also. James
Posted By: wotan Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/11/2016 11:32 AM
Hello jager, sorry, there is a concrete reason why I keep it confident. If you want to believe my opinion based on fact it is your choice. If you disagree I can live with it. My aim is just to prevent someone from beeing betrayed, not making a nice item bad.
Please make your own decision.
Regards,
Posted By: DAMAST Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/11/2016 02:49 PM
We are all Big boys and as far as the inscription goes it is very clear how it was added to the blade (by machine) . And because of this it can be a huge minefield... If nothing else move ahead with great caution as these type of inscriptions can be added at any time. Hint Hint
I just wish it was not machine done as this could be done on a common panograph. Just look at it and it tells all. grin ..
Posted By: Baz69 Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/11/2016 08:44 PM
From what I can gather from Wotan there is a textual error, he believes that if he told us publicly what it was then it would be easy for any future owner to rectify it thus making at least the text correct. As far as the style is concerned or how it was applied I am not an expert, I certainly have seen similar styles before but it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Gary
Posted By: jager Re: F. Dula re: Ulrich Scherping - 04/11/2016 11:33 PM
Wotan, I can buy what you are saying, but it is also nice for all of us collectors to know what to look for. That is the reason for the forum. Too much junk out there and the repos seem to keep getting better.
© Your new forums