UBB.threads
Posted By: Duzig hunting related pins? - 06/13/2013 09:19 PM
Hello all,
I picked up these 3 little items at a thrift store the other day & was wondering if someone can tell me what they were for & perhaps the era. The two little items look to me to be souvenier type items,the other a member badge or? In any case I appreciate any info that anyone has.
thanks again,
Duzig(Bill)

Attached picture 006.jpg
Attached picture 009.jpg
Posted By: wotan Re: hunting related pins? - 06/14/2013 07:54 PM
Duzig, these are obviously varations of hunting-hat-decorations. Such kind of decorations do exist for decades and it is not easy if not even impossible to put into a certain time frame. Location for sure is the german aera (see "BERCHTESGADEN" mountain aera). Due to condition, material and certain design features I personally would put them in a more modern time frame (60ies, 70ties, perhaps even from current times).
Regards,
Posted By: wotan Re: hunting related pins? - 06/14/2013 08:00 PM
Might also be hiking-hat-decorations. Imo and due to my experience NO Membership badge.
Regards,
Posted By: Duzig Re: hunting related pins? - 06/15/2013 02:59 PM
Hello Wotan,
Thank you very much for your reply. I had seen the stag head insignia before on a member badge I believe so that's where that thought came from. I guess these items would be the type of souveniers we buy on vacation when we go visiting various places. I thank you again for your info. It is appreciated.
Duzig(Bill)
© Your new forums