UBB.threads
Posted By: Baz69 A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/01/2013 05:28 PM
It's tough to find anything really great over here so when I saw this I had to buy it, a total length of 25", it's a shame it's missing it's skinning knife but that is long gone. It still has around 70% of it's original gilt finish, the blade is in near mint state thanks to the lack of runners in these Imperial pieces, the crown represents a Krone der Prinzen aus herzoglichen Häusern translated to Crown of a Princely Ducal household. I've been looking and to date have not conclusively found the original house, there are a number of ducal houses with a princes name beginning with "H", perhaps it will never be found which is a shame but it doesn't detract from a great hirschfänger.

Cheers

Gary

Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 001a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 002a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 004a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 010aa.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 011a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 006a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 007a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 008a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 009a.JPG
Posted By: JohnZ Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/01/2013 08:39 PM
Gary, that is wonderful!

John
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 04:18 AM
What workmanship and beautiful blade a real beauty.
Posted By: WWII Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 10:28 AM
G,

Looks like a nice, heavy Hirschfänger with lots of gilding left. The etch patterns on that blade are crisp as toast, very nice! wink

Bill
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 12:16 PM
Unusual thanks for sharing.
Neat crossguard.
Posted By: jager Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 01:39 PM
Neat old hanger with the belt also. I find them always harder to find than the Hirsh. Love the older pieces for if only they could talk. Nice find Gary. James
Posted By: Baz69 Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 08:42 PM
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your comments.

Gary
Posted By: pvon Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/02/2013 10:04 PM
Just a beauty!

The age and era of this is really something!

Thanks for sharing Gary!

PVON
Posted By: stratocaster3 Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/03/2013 02:13 AM
Gary
What a beauty. I love the quality of Imperial pieces. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on this exquisite acquisition.

Rick
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/03/2013 02:05 PM
Beautiful hand work and detail. Blade looks great too! Could we see an overall pic of the Fanger next to the scabbard?? Kevin.
Posted By: wotan Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/03/2013 05:30 PM
A very tasteful and elaborate hunter´s dagger. As lakeside I do appreciate this uncommon crossguard very much. The stag grip is a pleasure to see for itself.
There are special features which show the "rank" of such a crown. The quality of this piece corresponds to your research (Crown of a Princely Ducal household). Is there no makersmark to narrow the region where it was produced/worn? But even without further result it is a stunning piece of art.
Regards,
Posted By: Baz69 Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/04/2013 04:04 PM
Here's a couple of shots of the piece out of the scabbard, it's so long it is tough to get the whole thing in one shot and still get the detail.

Thanks to all

Gary

Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 003a.JPG
Attached picture Crown H hirschfänger 004a.JPG
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: A hirschfänger of the nobility - 04/13/2013 02:07 AM
WOW! thanks for additional pics, just a rare beauty! Kevin.
© Your new forums