UBB.threads
Posted By: jager Recent Schutzen items - 08/15/2011 03:07 PM
The German Schutzen artifacts adorn my walls and cases as well as the Hunting Association items. Attached are a couple of my most recent finds. The small banner is dated 1899 and type is most difficult to find. The schutzen target is dated 1775, but notice the shooter names are from war period with rank in front of each name. All in ink. The back side of the target at each shot hole has each shooter name written in pencil. I know some of you must have some prized schutzen items in your collection, so how about showing. James

Attached picture image_small banner a.jpg
Attached picture image_name small banner b.jpg
Attached picture image_name small banner c.jpg
Attached picture image_name schutzen target a.jpg
Attached picture image_name shutzen grouping.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/16/2011 09:57 AM
James,

Good to see you've been keeping busy, it looks like your efforts have been rewarded in trump! The table-standard is for the club "colors-platoon," is most impressive and looks to be in great condition, though, I'm not certain the mini-standard was made in 1899..? I think that's the year the association became a registered entity, (eingetragener Verein -e.V.) as much as we would see the abbreviation, 'est.' - established or founded. More than a few collectors easily confuse this for the year the object was produced. The city crest, crown and deer's head look to be nicely embroidered, too. Truly a great item.

Some super targets there, decorative art at its best! wink

Bill
Posted By: treedctr Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/16/2011 03:37 PM
Hi James!
WOW! That banner is gorgeous! That old world quality in the embroidery and color scheme makes it special! Thanks for posting!
Oliver
Posted By: Mikee Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/16/2011 11:34 PM
James,

Very nice items to add to your collections! Congrats!
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/17/2011 02:24 PM
Great banner!
Posted By: jager Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/17/2011 10:39 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Bill, I really appreciate your insight and comments and learn so much by you providing that type of information. The banner came from a good friend of mine that had forgot he had it for over 29 years and was hidden away in a chest. Was not an easy piece to talk him out of, but ~!@#$%%^%^. Looking forward to seeing what you members have in your schutzen collection. James
Posted By: Hubertus Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/18/2011 02:36 AM
Hi James,
A very nice posting. Thanks for asking for some extra input.
Sincerely,
HUBERTUS

Attached picture 6.24.1b.jpg
Attached picture 6.24.3b.jpg
Attached picture 6.24.4b.jpg
Attached picture 6.25t.6a.jpg
Attached picture 6.25t.7a.jpg
Posted By: Hubertus Re: Recent Schutzen items - 08/18/2011 02:46 AM
Photo shooting plaque and daggers.

Attached picture 6.25T.8A.JPG
Attached picture 6.25t.9a.jpg
© Your new forums