UBB.threads
Posted By: Vern Ron's Hunting Assoc. - 07/16/2010 12:16 AM
Ron's Hunting Association dagger.

Attached picture Hunting.jpg
Attached picture Hunting-Closeup.jpg
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Ron's Hunting Assoc. - 07/16/2010 12:21 AM
Never seen one by that maker before, looks a fine example. Just another maker to add to my want list.

Cheers

Gary
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Ron's Hunting Assoc. - 07/26/2010 10:27 PM
Gary: This one came from the famous Fred Davis collection that Bob Thompson and Ron Distlehorst bought in the early 1970s. This was the only dagger I managed to get out of them when they sold his collection. I was at Bob's house when Tom Johnson called and bought many pieces. Davis's collection is the one from VA that was mentioned in Jack Angolia's Edged Weapons of the Third Reich series and was one of the most complete collections known at that time. Davis was a gun dealer who had a shop in Alexandria, VA and bought from US Army personnel and veterans in the Washington DC area in the 1950s and 1960s and traded many guns for German Daggers.
He had a cased Naval Honor Dagger among other rarities and, believe it or not, kept them in a 4 drawer file in his office. I was just glad to have had the chance, but just married and no money prevented my buying too much. This one as $175.00 at the time. Those were the good ole days.
© Your new forums