UBB.threads
Posted By: jager HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 11/28/2005 01:39 AM
Recently on ebay there have been two hunting swords from Poland and tonight another one. 7370202492 . To me, these just do not look good at all even though the blades are well engraved. I would like the opinion of others on these polish swords. Thanks, James
Posted By: Baz69 Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 11/28/2005 04:32 PM
Here's a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Germany-Hunting-Sword-Cutlass-Dag...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's no good for a multitude of reasons, though for once it looks half decent, the skinner is a replacement, the fittings are used on other well known fakes, the makers mark of JV Garantiert along with "Weyersberg & Co Solingen" are used widely on these fakes. Take a look at the fittings and copy them onto a file, that way whenever you see them again you'll know there bad. I have also seen two Alcoso's lately that have been re-pro's, both though had etched marks that were horrible compered to the stamped versions.

Gary
Posted By: jager Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 11/29/2005 12:31 AM
Thanks Gary. I noticed the fittings right away and it seems a lot of repros. have that same type medal and surface finish. Nice looking blade though for a repo. Someone is getting stung on all these. They should be members of the forum which would help them spend their money wisely. You are correct in that every collector should have a picture of the fittings on these just as a reminder. Regards, James
Posted By: Oleg1 Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 12/21/2005 05:55 AM
I am new collector and had a misfortune to buy one
of those What makes you think that this is a reproduction? Please explain
Look at the item number 7375984045 from the same seller is it a repro?
Thanks
Oleg
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 12/21/2005 01:54 PM
Welcome Oleg. Download my free guide--click on it in the introduction to this forum. If you are looking for these pieces-buy from those who will certify they are original and will refund your money--not from Ebay. The above item from Ebay IS another fake.
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 12/29/2005 07:36 PM
More of these junkers are on today-same ones or new ones-ugly too.
Posted By: Lukasz Re: HUNTING SWORDS FROM POLAND - 01/08/2006 08:52 PM
This hunting Cutlass from Poland on Ebay was fake .
© Your new forums