UBB.threads
I picked this up decades ago at a local military show on a whim and it has spent many years in the closet since it didn't really fit with anything I collect. I recently dug it out and tried a quick internet search, which resulted in much confusion about its nomenclature. Is it a K98 bayonet Ks98, an 1884/98 III, or what? I would like to learn more about it from a technical aspect. I learned that the Faustriemen is either for Air District Medical Battalion or for 1st Co., 1st Bn. flying troops staffel, flak battery or signal. And I read that after about 1940 the Luftwaffe went to black leather to be the same as the Army. I look forward to your thoughts.

Attached picture IMG_4679.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4681.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4682.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4683.JPG
The bayonet is referred to as a KS98, for Kurzes Seitengewehr. It’s a nice Klaas marked example. I can’t help with the knot aside from the fact I believe it to be a Luftwaffe knot. A nice looking example regardless. In the last picture, you have it in the scabbard backward.
Sames answer you got on WAF ?

" Dress KS98 from Robert Klaas, Solingen with corect frog and most real service type LW Faustriemen "
Thanks for the information, gents.
Bayonnet guys must be off this week. Sorry, medalman.

Dave
It does look like a plain K98 Dress Bayonet.
The Knot looks Luftwaffe, but the Frog should be brown if Luft, so could be other, and may be added later in life.
Ed
Ed, I was under the assumption that the Luftwaffe went to black leather sometime in 1940. Was that not the case?
I am not sure of that. I have seen the brown frog used later than 1940.
Ed
© Your new forums