UBB.threads
Posted By: pvon Any new finds in 2022 - 07/15/2022 10:24 PM
Some of the yr has passed but still shows to come!

Anybody get anything?

Or plan on getting from Max or smaller shows!

See antng tempting?

PVON
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/19/2022 06:14 PM
I thought the York MAX was great!. I walked around and sold a ton of weird stuff. Picked up a few good pieces.. This year I'm going with a member of the old crew and help Andys daughter do a sell off.. Its ALL gotta go.. No decent offer will be refused!!
Posted By: Dave Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/19/2022 09:49 PM
Gaspare,

Why not sell Andy's stuff here ? You're a Mod so you can do it for free.

Dave
Posted By: ed773 Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/19/2022 10:01 PM
Dang, I tried for years to get that Cattaraugus 225 off Andy. He was a hard dude. Still on his site i think.
Good luck. Andy was one hell of a guy.
All my 225's miss that one.
Ed
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/20/2022 02:06 AM
Dave,,,I'd love to,,,but the daughter has everything and lives in FL. I don't have access to the stuff.. Now she did really well at the SOS. But he just has SO much stuff!!. 100s of lugar holsters, bayonets,,ton of guns,,,stacks of rikers with insignia no ones seen in years!! and a private dagger collection!.

And,,he collected much more than military.. He probably has/had one of the best train car lantern collections,,,one arm bandits, etc. etc.

I told her unless you want to do these 2 shows for the next 5 / 10, years everything has got to go.. I'm serious,,,something tagged $400 and a $250 offer comes its sold!
There are family members that want to dump everything in a river!!!! So there will be some bargains at his tables this MAX...

Ed,,if you still want it send me a photo of it and I'll see what I can do..................
Posted By: Mikee Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/21/2022 11:43 PM
Hey G,

I need a original Lugar holster!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/21/2022 11:58 PM
Mikee,,,show up at the MAX,,pick one out and I'll get it for you for half price!
Posted By: Mikee Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 01:37 AM
OK thanks G!
Posted By: pvon Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 03:38 PM
First off! Andy was straight shooter! But left his kids in a pickle!

Huge collection of stuff worth lots of money!

Due to his age and health he needed to plan much better!

Andy paid higher for stuff than dealers do! His prices will reflect it!

The big shows are the best for the family to get cash!!!!!!!! Not report it!
Control the stuff! Not allow them selfs to get rip off!

Dealers would love to sell the stuff and get a piece!

Daggers and such would sell faster due to demand! I would be surprised they are still around!

Every one would want a piece of this stuff to sell!

Europeans bring cash! Keeping it together in one place protects the family! Insurance I hope is protecting!

Dealing with family is always dificult!

Selling RR lanterns and slot machines! Good Luck big bulky stuff!

Andy and his prices are high even after 2 yrs! If the family gets cherry picked they will be going to the shows for yrs!

I am trying to be nice and not be a kill joy!

Men in their 80's and 90's show give thought to this!

John Pepera had a massive amount of great expensive stuff!

He planed ahead!

PVON
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 04:59 PM
I hear you Paul and your 100% correct... What will our families do with all our stuff when we're not here?!?.. Everything we have should be grouped photographed cataloged on what it's worth ,,and what to take to get rid of it...Maybe even a list of friends that would buy,,or favorite auction house..

Andy was the best.. A buyer would come up and ask - 'what is the price of a item?. Andy would say its tagged. Buyer would say ,,,can't you do any better... Andy would say make me a offer. IF, if the offer was insulting this is what would happen: Andy would say,,'Well,, its not for sale anymore'. The buyer would have a puzzled look and say oh alright,,I'll give you what your asking. and Andy would say 'Its not for sale. The buyer would ask again whats going on[?],,,and Andy would say,,,,its not for sale,, to YOU,,,goodbye.:

I've seen that play out 10 times if not more,, and always got a laugh out of it. Usually the guy sends a friend over later and buys it for the sticker price...

- My deal is,,I would only go to help,, IF, if we can drastically lower the sticker prices and take any fair offer as long as not insulting... Another friend /old crew member 'Johnny' will be with me also. We are going to sell, sell sell.. Come and show a interest,,,you'll get a vg price!

-- Andy also had a few houses. Under attic insulation,and in basements in boxes marked 'Hummels' there is even more military.. They could fill a big rig tractor trailer If they wanted. They have a big extended van and it will be packed head to toe!!
Posted By: ed773 Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 05:17 PM
You know what they say, He who dies with the most toys.
I wish Andy could speak today, about that HUGE toy box up there.
Same thing with that Quartermaster knife. I even showed Andy picks of my fighting knife collection, so he would be assured it went to a good family of military knives.
But I could not spend $300 on a knife you could get for $150.
I would like to see his stuff, but the MAX is just too far for me today.
Good luck, and the best to the family
Ed
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 10:37 PM
in the early days Andy and I used to share a room at the SOS. [The MAX he'd always had or shared a table]. Man we'd have some fun.. For me it was always more for socializing.. Great to see the guys you've been talking to on the computer. doing deals with thru the year... A big steak for dinner, some drinks first at Craigs 'Cocktail party' then hit the bar downstairs..
IF I found a couple pieces at the show then great,,,if I didn't it was fine.

- Some of his prices were just plum crazy! but its stuff he really liked and wanted to show it more than sell it anyway.

Another good one was breakfast.. The waitress would come over and fill his coffee cup [I don't drink coffee]. He'd grab her wrist and make her put down the coffee pot,,,,then take out a $20 bill, give it to her and say bring another pot by in 20 min.!! At the end when we were leaving we'd always tip the waitress sometimes as much as the bill on top of it....
- Craziness and a good time was Andy on a pot and a half of coffee!!!! Good God I miss him.....
Posted By: ed773 Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/22/2022 11:29 PM
Gas
We are getting old.
Ed
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: Any new finds in 2022 - 07/30/2022 12:38 PM
I'll be there first since 2019 and pre COVID it is great of you to step up and help the family and honor his memory Gaspare. I would like to say one thing in regards to Andy. He was a man of PRINCIPAL and loyal to a fault. Andy always stood by me and reached out in private text and email. He was very supportive. I always dropped by his tables at the MAX and SOS for a "chat" He is sorely missed.. cheers and best, Ryan
© Your new forums