UBB.threads
Posted By: lakesidetrader Seeking info in a K98 Bayonet - 08/18/2021 12:11 PM
This one landed the other day and I'm not quite sure what to think. Curiously there is no flash-guard and it is unmarked. May I have your thoughts?
[Linked Image from lakesidetrader.com]
Posted By: Seppi Re: Seeking info in a K98 Bayonet - 08/21/2021 07:52 AM
Hello Paul ,

no maker , no serial number , no blued blade : for me a private purchase but the signs of use are rather contradictory ...

S+
Posted By: AndyB Re: Seeking info in a K98 Bayonet - 08/22/2021 07:49 AM
Firstly it looks like cleaned and sharpened on blade, so possible there was something anyway it could be a blanko Behoerden piece, as no proof on any parts, the flashguard could be removed in time, as looks like the grips are filled. The frog is nice not visible marking, with blanko scabbard, the condition is better as on blade and pommel, so i believe the scabbard frog complete were added later with this frog.Any proof on ball finial? looks like proper blueing on scabbard. I would dissasemble grips were should be signs of flashguard wearing, this type of grips could be only with flashguard, but exist wooden grips delivered to Spain that should have similar condition piece.
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Seeking info in a K98 Bayonet - 08/23/2021 11:44 AM
Thanks gentlemen
© Your new forums