UBB.threads
Posted By: norg Fireman's Bayonet - 07/25/2020 06:03 PM
As I can understand it is post war production?

Attached picture Bayonet.jpg
Posted By: norg Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/25/2020 06:08 PM
maker mark

Attached picture 1594846.jpg
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/25/2020 09:19 PM
The makers mark is very curious, they're typically stamped. Never seen one like that and I've owned plenty of Alcoso fire bayonets. Can we see the full piece?
Posted By: norg Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/26/2020 05:10 AM
more photos

Attached picture Bayonet1.jpg
Attached picture Bayonet3.jpg
Attached picture Bayonet2.jpg
Posted By: jancz3rt Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/28/2020 10:20 AM
I think I see a couple unusual features in the supplied photos:

Scabbard throat plated (unusual, have not seen it before)
The blood groove in particular seems different to what I am used to seeing (more rounded?)

Jan
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/30/2020 03:41 PM
I don't know for sure but my sense of it is this fire bayonet is postwar production.
Posted By: norg Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 07/31/2020 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Billy G.
this fire bayonet is postwar production.

I think so. I never seen Alcoso bayonet with etched maker mark. Upside down also. And I searched in the Internet and also did not find.
Posted By: AndyB Re: Fireman's Bayonet - 08/02/2020 08:02 AM
It must be not postwar production, note the shape of fuller rand, mostly the old nickelfinish was removed, visible still scratching, then it was added a new ACS fake etch and new nickeled, with only not good remains in the TM. The position is wrong. The finish could be chrome? when looking on pommel, not nickel as is blue tone more as yellow. Or the pommel was polished heavily. Evidently there was worked on that piece, mouthpiece could be polished, i personally dont like the shape of frog hook and the metall under paint,the piece was discussed on Ukrainian or Russian forum.
The background is teribble, should be done on onecolor background, and wout flash the pictures.
© Your new forums