UBB.threads
Posted By: jancz3rt Beautiful CURNA dress bayonet and TM question - 04/15/2020 07:59 PM
Hey guys, it has been a couple years since my last post and just got back to the hobby by purchasing a beauty. I wanted to share this beautiful Curna K98S dress bayonet in an amazing condition.

I also wanted to ask if the blackened logo is how it was initially made or done by someone later to make the logo stand out? It is a stamped one as visible in the photos. I am asking because I do not have any other one like this and in some parts it shows it's normal silver plating below.

Here are some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hcBHzYBNH97QXQRt5

I hope you like it
Posted By: Dave Re: Beautiful CURNA dress bayonet and TM question - 04/15/2020 09:33 PM
Hello, Jan,

Good to see you again. That is a real beauty and a pleasure to look at.

My Guess would be owner-applied, But I am a novice at bayonets.

Dave

PS - can you post the actual pictures ? That way they stay here for good. Thanks.
Posted By: Vern Re: Beautiful CURNA dress bayonet and TM question - 04/15/2020 10:02 PM
"CURNA" is the trademark for Curdts Nachf., E.H. Otto, GmbH, Stahlwarenfabrik, Solingen, typically found on their bayonets. That trademark is in the Maker's Mark Gallery. Very nice and not often seen.
Hi Dave and Vern,

thanks for the feedback. I will post the photos here directly so that they remain for reference. Thanks.

Jan
Here are some photos for future reference.

Attached picture curna1.jpg
Attached picture curna2.jpg
Attached picture curna3.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: Beautiful CURNA dress bayonet and TM question - 04/16/2020 11:48 AM
Thanks, Jan

Show us more of your collection ?

Dave
Hi Dave,

Sure, why not. I will take some photos to present the rest of my collection and post them real soon. It's predominantly dress bayonets, fire bayonets and a couple daggers.

Jan :-)
© Your new forums