UBB.threads
Posted By: lakesidetrader Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/16/2019 11:29 AM
Ok guys, another one. I know this is not a great example but I'm studying these things. This one is not serialized, not dated and with no inspection stamps. The only mark I can find is WKC. So what is the deal with this? Is this a commercial or Police example?
Thanks as always for your sharing of knowledge.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Militarynut Re: Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/16/2019 02:07 PM
hi paul
i believe you got it right as far as a commercial bayonet no waffen amptds etc as far as condition hey its 70yrs old went thru the war bayonet looks more and more like this 80yr old coot great example maybe outher members here have another opinion nothing here raises a red flag as being not of the period made god bless andy militarynut
Posted By: AndyB Re: Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/16/2019 04:56 PM
Behoerden Modell S84/98, non WaA proofed, for some NS or Security organisation, WKC production, question is the press button, as dont looks correct there. Other question is the blade sharpened? and the scabbard wout marking? b.r.Andy
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/16/2019 11:24 PM
All I can say Andy is it came from the Vet's family with a stash of other stuff I would be amazed if it's messed with. Unsharpened no scabbard marking I can see but I'm gonna break the frog if I pull harder.
Paul
Posted By: AndyB Re: Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/17/2019 05:17 PM
Better dont remove the frog, when it should be damaged, oiling of metall parts could help, unfortunally the blade was unproperly cleaned as it removed week blueing, You could proof to turn right the press button, prior the locking nut is fully screwed in. b.r.Andy
Posted By: Fred Prinz - FP Re: Another K98 Bayo question. - 04/20/2019 02:10 AM
From the images with uncertain lighting, a later, but probably not from the latest production examples. As Andy stated some very light oiling might help, and the turned out press stud button could very easily be postwar - not that I'm saying that anyone did anything like that recently. Best Regards, Fred
© Your new forums